Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if you wanted to lower the 2010 RT with STP you had to get rid of the nivomat absorbers... Is it the same for the 2011 or does the 2011 STP not use the nivomats?

Thanks ahead of time for a quick reply... Wanna order the springs today

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I know if you wanted to lower the 2010 RT with STP you had to get rid of the nivomat absorbers... Is it the same for the 2011 or does the 2011 STP not use the nivomats?

Thanks ahead of time for a quick reply... Wanna order the springs today

Thanks
I guess it depends on whether or not your STP car actually has Nivomats on it in the 1st place.

According to most printed info, my car(2010) in theory, should have them... but it does not.
It has bilsteins all around.

So take a look at whats actually on your car... remember... trust but VERIFY. :icon_wink:

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
On the upper part of the shock body, there should be a white sticker with the part description and part number.

The Sachs Nivomats and Bilsteins on the R/Ts are both black in color, so the if the label indicates a Bilstein shock, you should be good to go.

The other way to tell is the lower shock body on a Nivomat has a 4" long rod (fixed) that goes from the bottom the the shock to the mounting eye - the body on the Nivomat is larger in diameter, so it has that rod to clear the lower control arm and hub assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
all the Bilsteins i have seen in the plant are Yellow
Here is a set of black ones posted by another member with a big arrow pointing at the Bilstein sticker.
They do have the extension mentioned previously reguarding the Nivomats... hmmm
But they also seem to be working fine with the lowering springs he installed (write up in Mopar'10 tread)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is a set of black ones posted by another member with a big arrow pointing at the Bilstein sticker.
They do have the extension mentioned previously reguarding the Nivomats... hmmm
But they also seem to be working fine with the lowering springs he installed (write up in Mopar'10 tread)

These are exactly what are in my 2010 R/T Classic 6spd STP car ... I haven't lowered it yet, so I can't speak to that ... but I imagine they will not present a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts