Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a Scat Pack wide body put lowering springs on yet? Would like to see pictures and what springs you used.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
there are quite a few people running H&R/Eibach/Mopar springs. I was dead set on going with the mopar springs and having dodge install them to retain 100% warranty compliance, then I saw they list our cars incompatible with the mopar springs when they obviously work just fine. I'm guessing another way to cover their butt in the event of a shock failure, looking for something to blame. So knowing that, I have not done anything with mine yet until I can find a good dealer that's kinda mod friendly that will agree to take care of me if they get the labor money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and purchased Eibach Pro springs. Just waiting for a friend to get me in at the local dealer to install.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done!!! Before...

After...

Front before...

Front after...

Rear before...

Rear after...

Use to able to put 4 fingers between the tire and flare at the rear.. now only 2 fingers.

Couple other pics.

Don't notice a bit of difference in ride.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Done!!! Before...
View attachment 979896

After...
View attachment 979897

Front before...
View attachment 979898

Front after...
View attachment 979899

Rear before...
View attachment 979900

Rear after...
View attachment 979901

Use to able to put 4 fingers between the tire and flare at the rear.. now only 2 fingers.

Couple other pics.
View attachment 979902

View attachment 979903
View attachment 979904

looks great.. I'm going to run Eibachs as well.. probably after the first of the year. I have a few other things I'd like to put that money towards first. LOL If I have all my credit card debt paid off the wife wont bat an eye at what I spend on the car, seems like a fair trade for me. Otherwise, even though she wont make it a big deal, i still KNOW shes in disapproval of me spending $700 on powering the car when I could make a $700 CC payment..LOL

·
Premium Member
9,539 Posts
Done!!! Before...
View attachment 979896

After...
View attachment 979897

Front before...
View attachment 979898

Front after...
View attachment 979899

Rear before...
View attachment 979900

Rear after...
View attachment 979901

Couple other pics.
View attachment 979902

View attachment 979903
View attachment 979904

Wow that looks amazing before and after! Thanks for the great photos, enjoy!

How is the ride now with those springs ?

- Alexis

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,401 Posts
Looks great (y) Watch that front spoiler for a while :)

A Guy

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks great (y) Watch that front spoiler for a while :)

A Guy
#truth
if youre not used to low AND a long nose itll get ya every time..LOL When I do mine (even though my cobra was way lower and had a huge front splitter) Im going to do the zl1 addons guard just for the extra protection, accidents happen and that piece is so worth the money

·
Registered
2 Posts
Done!!! Before...
View attachment 979896

After...
View attachment 979897

Front before...
View attachment 979898

Front after...
View attachment 979899

Rear before...
View attachment 979900

Rear after...
View attachment 979901

Couple other pics.
View attachment 979902

View attachment 979903
View attachment 979904

It looks awesome!

I have the same car and color (although with boring black calipers). Did you have (or care) to bring the rear camber back to spec? I read on another forum someone saying they'd need to buy camber bolts because the camber was off by 0.3 (I have no idea how significant that is)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy that installed them did a 4 wheel alignment and he was able to get all measurements back in the green.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i do want to add to this discussion something I figured out this past weekend... I went to a meet and greet and parked with another guy that has a 2019 scatpack car. His is setup like mine other than the WB package that I have, his is not a widebody. I grabbed my tape measure and measured different points of the car to the ground to compare as the WB cars look higher than the non WB car. He and I were within 1/8 of one another from splitter to ground, from side skirt to ground and within close to the same measurement at the exhaust tip to the ground. However stock I can put 3 fingers in my front arch and 4 fingers in my rear arch. The flares on the WB cars are arched higher than the standard fenders are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The guy works for a Subaru dealership and he did this at the dealer on his own time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Done!!! Before...
View attachment 979896

After...
View attachment 979897

Front before...
View attachment 979898

Front after...
View attachment 979899

Rear before...
View attachment 979900

Rear after...
View attachment 979901

Couple other pics.
View attachment 979902

View attachment 979903
View attachment 979904

This how the wide body cars should have come from the factory. That is the only thing additional I could want on my car. Otherwise, I think the widebody is a beast..I love just looking at mine..driving it never gets old!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am gathering data now on suspension as i've found the springs everyone seems to be running arent as strong as the stock springs. I'm not looking to soften the ride of my car so I am trying to get something comparable to the stock spring rates. The stock springs on a WideBody ScatPack are the stiffest spring rates dodge has ever put on one of their cars. This paired with the different swaybars, and the tuning of the suspension being different than all the other active suspension cars including the WB Hellcat make it truly a unique car this year. I am trying to personally pair a new spring rate close to the stock spring rate as well as stick with a linear spring so the typical H&R and Eibach kits aren't going to work for what I'm trying to accomplish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts