Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all - I recently purchased a 2017 Destoyer Gray RT black top package auto transmission and I'm looking to close the wheel gap a bit.

I've owned a few cars and installed quite a few coilovers and lowering springs on my previous cars. I bought this RT to get out of the whole car scene a little bit and just get an awesome comfortable car to drive and not really lower it or do much to it. Unfortunately, they didn't have the color and package I wanted with STP at the dealer I went to but they gave me a great deal, so I bought it.

Now I'm looking to close the wheel gap a little bit but keep it as close to stock ride as possible. I'm not looking to lower it too much an inch or .75 would be fine with me. I've read a few posts that mopar stage 1's are the way to go but I've also read that you can use STP springs on an non STP car and that will also lower the car.

I test drove a challenger with mopar stage 1's and it wasn't that harsh of a ride but if i can get a more comfortable ride with STP springs, I will go that route.

I've searched thru the forum but could not get a concrete answer on the STP springs, I apologize if I missed the correct thread. Any suggestions or if you could point me to the correct thread with the info I'm looking for, i will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks ahead.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
The STP springs will work and lower the car, I've never driven a car with Stage 1's but the ride is said to be about the same but they are lower than STP which can be a problem depending where you drive. The lower and stiffer you go the ride will get rougher of course, STP is pretty firm on some roads and I wouldn't go any more than that on a daily driver.

Luke at Steve White parts has this STP kit, that's what I would do.

www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-suspension-upgrade-p5155435ad

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
My 13 came with STP and I lowered it with the Stage 1 springs. It dropped it another .75 inch or so. The ride quality is better on the Stage 1 springs. STP was harsh and the Stage 1 are plenty firm but they took away a bit of the harshness. Don't bother with the STP springs, the amount of drop is not worth it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm leaning towards the stage 1's if they are close to stock as far as comfort.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just installed a set of Eibach Pros in my 2015 and it dropped it 7/8" all around and will likely settle another 1/4". But it sure handles better! And it dropped .4 of a second off my 0-60 reaction time. From a 5.2 to a 4.8. It just won't hook up from the start no matter how I go about it. Of course the OAI improvement, Hellcat exhaust, and some larger tires likely helped some. But the .4 was from the springs alone.

This car is also a Scat Pack Two-do. I'm not exactly sure what that means but it sure runs well. And it rides as well as it did before the springs. Maybe a bit stiffer feel in the corners but then I think the Sport setting is Caddy comfy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts