Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 SRT 392. I would like to lower .5 to an 1" ( most I've found are 1.5 - 2.0 and more on back than front eliminating rake ) . I would like to keep visible rake back to front. Goal being to reduce some fender gap - shorter tire. I'm hoping by maybe using some lowering springs I may be able to do this. Cannot do coil overs at this time . Is this possible with anything out available there ? I do not have self leveling Nivomats . thanks

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I have a 2011 SRT 392. I would like to lower .5 to an 1" ( most I've found are 1.5 - 2.0 and more on back than front eliminating rake ) . I would like to keep visible rake back to front. Goal being to reduce some fender gap - shorter tire. I'm hoping by maybe using some lowering springs I may be able to do this. Cannot do coil overs at this time . Is this possible with anything out available there ? I do not have self leveling Nivomats . thanks
Check these out, I am looking at them myself.

KW Height Adjustable Spring System 12-14 Challenger SRT8

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coil overs

Those would definitely it the bill in adjustability which would be great ( and the best solution ) . although I do not have adaptive series damper control so would they actually work ? and I was hoping to use the less inexpensive springs that maybe weren't intended for / or were but not intended to lower much instead of coil overs as a stop gap until I ordered coil overs.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Mopar Stage 1 springs. Have em on my 12 and sits right where you want... .8" drop front and rear...retains rake. I love em and think it sets just right...clearly lower but performance lower not slammed to the ground and undriveable. With my long tubes I have to be careful and take driveways and speed bumps at an angle but don't have to avoid them entirely.

I'd do them again in a heartbeat...barely stiffens the ride at all too. Great mod and much cheaper than coil overs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm also wanting to lower my 392 but my driveway is very steep and don't want to scrape. Had a lowered evo that I had to back up at a crazy angle so I wouldn't scrape

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
3X on the Mopar lowering springs. Add front and rear strut tower braces and she'll drive much tighter...I went with the Mopar braces. Others should fill the bill as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.