Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What else, (hidden fees, for other parts and services) do I have to consider when I purchase a $200 set of lowering springs? I know that I will have to have an alignment... but what else? Am I going to have to buy new shocks? Etc...... I want to lower the RT down about 1 or 1"1/1" inches all the way around for performance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i recently did this with the MOPAR STAGE 1 springs. great set of springs IMO if you do the work yourself you will not incur any further costs. if you have the dealer install i think they book about 5 hours to install so figure that into what ever your local labor rates are. i did not need new shocks yet and your shocks will be fine with the stage 1 springs. it lowered my car just over an inch and it handles so much better than it did before. i did the job myself and it took me 4 hours with alittle help from the wife. probably the best mod i have done to my car so far. no longer looks like a 4x4 and handles better cant beat it

i did not align my car immediately as i wanted to let the suspension settle. when it settled they checked and i was still within factory specs

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I got 1.1 on my RT using a set of SRT stock springs. Purchased here at CT for 100 bucks.
Took the shop 3 hr for install. I didn't have time and was so cheap I didn't get dirty.
FlatTop

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Yep I also just did the Mopar stage 1 springs..car looks so much better, and it does corner better too. Best mod I have done as well...

·
Registered
80 Posts
What else, (hidden fees, for other parts and services) do I have to consider when I purchase a $200 set of lowering springs? I know that I will have to have an alignment... but what else? Am I going to have to buy new shocks? Etc...... I want to lower the RT down about 1 or 1"1/1" inches all the way around for performance.
I got eibachs, probably the same ones as you and no, I didn't have to change shocks or anything at all just the alignment. However the install coat about 450-500 anywhere you go. That's what I found at least.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I got the Eibach lowering springs and a few other mods. I will have updates and pictures when I get the car complete. 15 mods total and about 9 of them are on the car now. Just got my first oil change at 1000 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts