Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
Great thread!

What kind of car do you have ? A bunch of us will have photos of our cars or customers cars lowered. Check out the pictures listed below, these care our lowered with our Speedlogix springs.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Full-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Green Coupé

- Alexis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got a 2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack .... 3 miles on it when I got it so I'm going a little bonkers trying to put some break in miles on it.

I think the first thing I want to do is some weight reduction (wheels and maybe carbon trunk / hood), slightly lower, and stiffen up the suspension

SO in that light I made the thread hoping to get some opinions on the lowering kits and their effect, the pictures you posted look very nice.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Eibach Pro

Before
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Wheel

After

A Guy

Reactions: T240guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
1 1/2" Ride didn't change as far as stiffness, but less roll in fast corners. Mind this is an SXT Plus, so less stiff suspension than your Scat to begin with

A Guy

·
Registered
58 Posts
@A Guy was the after pic taken immediately after installation, or is that after 1000 miles of settling? I just remember on my 240sx that eibachs always took time to settle?

@Speedlogix-Sales what is the advertised drop with SL springs? The gray challenger is sitting

@JasonT/A_345 how is your clearance on the h&r springs.

I want to get mine lower, but not sportline low. I have the adjustable system on mine, but want it a little better grounded. Springs, sway bars, and such.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A
93 Posts
Clearance is good. No rubbing, no spacers with 315's on rear. I do scrub my zl1 front splitter a little easier now but thats what its for.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
@A Guy was the after pic taken immediately after installation, or is that after 1000 miles of settling? I just remember on my 240sx that eibachs always took time to settle?
The picture is later, but measurements show no "settle", exact same height the day after they were installed to today. I have always questioned how steel springs with a rating and specified height would "settle". The stock springs don't settle. If anything, I'd think any "settling" is from the way they are installed, isolator position, etc. If properly installed, springs should not "settle"

Every spring made in-house is pre-set several times in a spring compressor, that is, compressed so all the coils are touching. This gives the spring a permanent set and ensures it will not settle during its service life. In production, a spring is actually made to a longer free, or uncompressed, length than required because the spring gets shorter during the setting process, thus bringing it down to specifications. Pre-setting is time consuming, though, so many spring manufacturers will skip it altogether. Once Eibach pre-sets a lot of springs (about 100), several are randomly selected to go through quality control, then the bulk go to powdercoating and labeling.

A Guy

PS, Jason's T/A would likely be more indicative of the "before" height of your Scat, and the drop after with it's stock ride height and V8

Reactions: T240guy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you for the response. It must have been the springs seating into new poly's and struts on all 5 240sx's that I installed eibach on. 3 were sportlines and 2 were pro kit. All of these installs were 15+ years ago as well. I will look into the H&R springs, but may look at more prokit pics as well. I want lower, but without daily driving problems. Roads aren't the greatest in Arkansas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts

Ride Height: Moderate
Lowering Note: 1.25"-1.7" front & 1.25"-1.5" rear

- Alexis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts