Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lowered their IE yet? I havent see a kit listed for the 2011, but it is something I want to do ASAP. If so, what kit did you use?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i already scuffed my front spoiler

how much lower can you go? i even worried that mine would make it up my driveway....

isnt it like 1" off the ground already?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am waiting for kits as well, nothing out as of yet...
There is nothing different about an 11 than a 10 order an eibach kit for the 10. I know this for a fact since i lowered mine with the eibach kit.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
There is nothing different about an 11 than a 10 order an eibach kit for the 10. I know this for a fact since i lowered mine with the eibach kit.
Pics please.........

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics please.........
Agreed, I'd love to see pics. When I lowered my 2009 Classic R/T it completely changed the look of the car. I am betting this will be similar for the IE.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pics. we need pics...

Pics. we need pics... really want to see one lowered before I play with an already perfect factory ride and handling system.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Pics or I am gonna raise this flag.......:icon_bs:..........:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pics or I am gonna raise this flag.......:icon_bs:..........:)
Why would I BS about this? If you don't believe this is possible why don't you get some facts first, like I did. I called the Dodge dealer asked for a 2010 part number then asked for the 2011 part number. HMMM they match guess I can order a 2010 lowering kit. Same as the cat back exhaust same part number from Chrysler so all 2010 applications aftermarket cat backs for an SRT8 will work.

Also you can look in the classified section where not only did I sell the factory wheels and tires I also sold the springs. So unless I am chopping the car up and selling it piece by piece I would say I found aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you tell us how much it lowered your car? Front and Rear?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Why would I BS about this? If you don't believe this is possible why don't you get some facts first, like I did. I called the Dodge dealer asked for a 2010 part number then asked for the 2011 part number. HMMM they match guess I can order a 2010 lowering kit. Same as the cat back exhaust same part number from Chrysler so all 2010 applications aftermarket cat backs for an SRT8 will work.

Also you can look in the classified section where not only did I sell the factory wheels and tires I also sold the springs. So unless I am chopping the car up and selling it piece by piece I would say I found aftermarket parts.
Everyone would just love to see pics, and I don't think he is serious about you bs'ing, thats why there was a smiley face.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Everyone would just love to see pics, and I don't think he is serious about you bs'ing, thats why there was a smiley face.
Ding ding ding!!! :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
went to the h&r site and entered info for the 2011...gave me a part # and listed it as a new part.....its the same part # as the springs for the 2010....so i agree....2010 springs will fit the 2011. they will be on the car soon!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Good luck to those lowering. I personally feel it is low enough for me and I wouldnt want the ride to get any firmer. Ive been told it is already lower than 2010 models and I also heard that the mounting points were moved, but it may be the same shock, just at a different angle. Interested to see pics and driving impressions from you pioneers.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Why would I BS about this?

Cause its the internet?

If you don't believe this is possible why don't you get some facts first, like I did. I called the Dodge dealer asked for a 2010 part number then asked for the 2011 part number. HMMM they match guess I can order a 2010 lowering kit.

Eibach states their 2008 to 2010 SRT8 springs/dampers will not work for the 2011 SRT8 because the suspension is changed....I'm just sayin......

Same as the cat back exhaust same part number from Chrysler so all 2010 applications aftermarket cat backs for an SRT8 will work.

Nice to know...but has nothing to do with this...

I think you are chopping your car....in fact....I KNOW you are
I am just bustin your chops :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ....I still want to see pics and let us know how it handles...

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can use the stack performance springs which work with stock shocks and struts would lower it another inch +. I did this on my 2011 Classic, and yeah it's pretty low, any lower would be too low (for me.)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hmm , I pulled up to a 6.1 and mine was much lower than the 6.1. So not sure i would even want to lower it more.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Eibach states their 2008 to 2010 SRT8 springs/dampers will not work for the 2011 SRT8 because the suspension is changed....I'm just sayin......

WELL THATS STRANGE BECAUSE THEY ARE ON MY CAR AND WORK FINE.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts

WELL THATS STRANGE BECAUSE THEY ARE ON MY CAR AND WORK FINE.

Eibachs website clearly states that everything for the 2011 Challenger SRT8 is..... under development.

Whats strange is that your 2010 Eibach SRT8 springs fit...... and "work fine"......

You should call up Eibach and correct them on the matter........They are wasting money on R&D

Let us know what they say..........

I would love to see pics.........:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts