Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a proud owner of a new 2011 Toxic Orange R/T Classic. This is my first Dodge as a matter of fact. I am quite pleased with the car with the exception of a few things. I already took care of the air intake and exhaust. The next thing up is the stance of the car. Is it me or do these cars sit to damn high? I can place my fist in between the top of the tire and the wheel well. I would like to lower it and was curious what all you did to lower your car? What springs and lowering height? Did you need a new alignment after lowering? Etc. Etc.?

Your help will be most appreciated as would posted pictures as well.

Thank you in advance, Jorge

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went old school and put bigger tires on the rear and put SRT springs on the front. Gives it a nicer rake.

Wow! That looks really nice. Did the rear tires have any affect on the Tire Pressure monitors? Did you get an alignment after you changed the front springs? I really like your setup.

Thank you, Jorge:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TPMs reset themselves after driving a short distance. I had my dealer install the springs and do a front end alignment. All is good.
Excellent! Nice stance and beautiful R/T you have. Thank you for the info.

Anyone else? I was reading that Jegs and Summit offer some lowering springs. Approximately 1.7" drop all the way around. Anyone run these and are they of good quality? I think they are store brand , so I am not sure of the make.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I went old school and put bigger tires on the rear and put SRT springs on the front. Gives it a nicer rake.
Mind me asking what size tire you have on the rear? Thats quite possibly the best attempt i've seen yet for the old school raked stance. I def like this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just put the eibach springs on my 2011 TO RT and it looks great... 1.7 front and back and it did need an alignment

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but do the Petty struts really make a handling difference? I have an RT but the SRT I test drove handled better. Looking for improvement.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for all the responses everyone. Please keep the info coming. This is one mod that I am definitely going to do and would like to soon. Just doing some research and trying to figure out the best route to take. It's alittle difficult to determine though because alot of sites don't list a whole lot for 2011 R/Ts. Not sure if that matters in my case or not. Just want to be sure that what I buy is true and correct. 1.7" drop springs seems to be the magic number for the R/T.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I used the Mopar springs, dropped it an inch or so all arround. I had to do a alignment, springs $300.00, Install around $250.00

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lowered mine with the Mopar Stage 2 coil overs. Almost 2" lower. It did need to be aligned.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Here's the Eibach kit I'm going with: https://www.shophemi.com/p-1409-challenger-rt-57l-eibach-fropro-system-plus-kit.aspx

There are less expensive kits if you just want to lower your car. And yes, they stand higher than most. I look at my wife's GT parked next to my Challenger and it's at least 2 inches lower (the GT) just eyeballing it.

The kit I'm getting will lower the car 1.7 inches. Take this into consideration if you plan on changing the rear wheel width (I'm going 10 inches wide on the rear rims and fat drag radials).

BTW, I have 255/55/18s on the rear, stock 235s front.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Here's the Eibach kit I'm going with: https://www.shophemi.com/p-1409-challenger-rt-57l-eibach-fropro-system-plus-kit.aspx

There are less expensive kits if you just want to lower your car. And yes, they stand higher than most. I look at my wife's GT parked next to my Challenger and it's at least 2 inches lower (the GT) just eyeballing it.

The kit I'm getting will lower the car 1.7 inches. Take this into consideration if you plan on changing the rear wheel width (I'm going 10 inches wide on the rear rims and fat drag radials).

BTW, I have 255/55/18s on the rear, stock 235s front.
Damn, that's a good price on the Pro System Plus kit. I was looking at just the Pro System kit (just the spring and shocks) for just over $600.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I put the megan coilovers on mine and I dropped well over 2"

Keep in mind if you have a 6-speed you have the load-lever nivomats so just springs aren't going to work to get the drop. you'd need struts too.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Stack Performance Lowering Springs

Hey guys. Just wanted to drop in to let you know that we offer Challenger lowering springs for 2008-2010 R/T and SRT8 Challengers. We are now offering a 2011 lowering spring system as well.

Stack Performance Lowering Springs for Dodge Challenger

Stack Performance springs feature increased spring rates for upgraded handling capabilities and superior ride quality. We have spent hours of development using a state of the art “Shock Dyno” to test and meet our requirements with proper spring ratings, to ensure zero spring sag.
Our springs are cold-wound on modern CNC coiling machines, stress relieved, pre-set, and shot-peened for maximum durability. Our springs are powder coated in our “Signature Silver” or "Graphite Grey"

Please allow 2-3 weeks for powder coated custom colors; Orange, Red, Blue, White or Purple. Call us at 562-905-0555 for custom colors not listed.
These lowering springs are designed to work with OEM shocks only.

Features:

• Front Drop: 1.5″
  • Rear Drop: 1.4″
  • Front Rate: 310 lbs/in
  • Rear Rate: 725 lbs/in
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Should not require alignment
Hope this helps. We've been installing a ton of these and have had great response.

-SP

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Anyone have a set of these?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts