Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mojave Mile: The Fastest Mile in the West

The Fastest Mile in the West. Sounds like fun, alot of fun and are few of our SoCal Challengers members will be having some in Mojave. Karl is returning to have some fun and run his Challenger again. You know the 6.1 Challenger that was hauling ass at 183+ MPH down a runway. Karl kept it steady when the front chin spoiler section decided to part ways with the rest of his Challenger. :5:

The last time Dave was at the Mile it was to offer any support he could for Karl. Well Dave saw how much fun Karl was having and wanted some for himself. He will be running his 5.7 R/T at the Mile for the first time. No he will not be taking the 392. :( Deuce will be at the Mile to support both drivers. :bigthumb:

Good luck Gentlemen! :burnout:

Anybody else going to run the Fastest Mile in the West in April?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Be sure to take plenty of pics and videos to share with the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Looking forward to the mile jeff, unfortunately my car will not be ready. We changed the combo and the custom rods and pistons are taking longer than we expected to be made. We have a big race schedule planned for the car so it has to be right. I'll be on hand to support my so cal challengers brother dave and any others who decide to race. I'm driving in from the mopars on the strip race in vegas straight to the mojave mile on sunday for the fun:thumbsup:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hmmmmm, I think I might want to do this. My Challenger is still stock
so I'd be cool to see what it can do.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Items needed to pass tech for the 150-165mph class. Speed rated tires for 165mph. I ran the nitto NT05 rated at 168mph but i've been recommending the pirello p-zero ZR rated at 186mph because the nitto's are backordered. Fire extinguisher 2.5 mounted in arm reach, leather gloves, snell rated full face helmet (If your using a motorcycle helmet you'll need to wear a head sock) and metal valve stem covers with the o-ring inside them:thumbsup:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Items needed to pass tech for the 150-165mph class. Speed rated tires for 165mph. I ran the nitto NT05 rated at 168mph but i've been recommending the pirello p-zero ZR rated at 186mph because the nitto's are backordered. Fire extinguisher 2.5 mounted in arm reach, leather gloves, snell rated full face helmet (If your using a motorcycle helmet you'll need to wear a head sock) and metal valve stem covers with the o-ring inside them:thumbsup:
Thanks, not sure I'll get it together in time but I'd like to go either
way, help out anyone running.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking forward to the mile jeff, unfortunately my car will not be ready. We changed the combo and the custom rods and pistons are taking longer than we expected to be made. We have a big race schedule planned for the car so it has to be right. I'll be on hand to support my so cal challengers brother dave and any others who decide to race. I'm driving in from the mopars on the strip race in vegas straight to the mojave mile on sunday for the fun:thumbsup:
I know you'll get it right and I'll check with you about your racing schedule. Way to crew brother! I know Dave appreciates it. I'd like to get out there but I'll be fishing.

Have fun in Vegas!

6point4 check it out if you can. Deuce is going so shoot him a pm.

Go! REDDOG Go! :burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I know you'll get it right and I'll check with you about your racing schedule. Way to crew brother! I know Dave appreciates it. I'd like to get out there but I'll be fishing.

Have fun in Vegas!

6point4 check it out if you can. Deuce is going so shoot him a pm.

Go! REDDOG Go! :burnout:
Dave is gonna have a ball! Enjoy your fishing trip and i'll see you soon. Anyone else thinking about coming out for a day of racing? If you've never been to a mile race I would highly recommend it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm still trying to make it, just have a lot going on this month on the weekends and
my work schedule ain't helping either.

Is anyone meeting up in LA first or just meeting up there?

I won't be able to run, I had to patch a slow leak in one of my tires and won't be
replacing the F1's til I get more miles out of them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm still trying to make it, just have a lot going on this month on the weekends and
my work schedule ain't helping either.

Is anyone meeting up in LA first or just meeting up there?

I won't be able to run, I had to patch a slow leak in one of my tires and won't be
replacing the F1's til I get more miles out of them.

Would LOVE to join you buddy, but with my mom in the hospital, I won't be able to make it... Have fun and be sure to post LOTS of pics!!! :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts