1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know have an open diff in my '15 SXT.

Has anyone converted to LSD?
Do I just need the rear pumpkin and axles from a '15+ manual r/t?

Tried searching for this topic, but didn't get any straight answers.

Just doing research for now.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
I know have an open diff in my '15 SXT.

Has anyone converted to LSD?
Do I just need the rear pumpkin and axles from a '15+ manual r/t?

Tried searching for this topic, but didn't get any straight answers.

Just doing research for now.

Thanks
The SRT diff would be LSD and in the 3.09 ratio that automatics use. [the A8 has deeper ratios in 1st-3rd than the M6 trans]

All M6 diffs for '15+ (R/T, Scat Pack, SRT392 in this case) are 3.90 LSD. The 'Cat and Demon use different ratios on their M6 applications.

Since ZF is used for both open and LSD, the coupler and axle shafts may be common in the '15+ applications. Just haven't heard of many swaps (yet)

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
And the SXT diff is 195mm, the R/T unit is 230mm and don't know that would complicate things.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The SRT diff would be LSD and in the 3.09 ratio that automatics use. [the A8 has deeper ratios in 1st-3rd than the M6 trans]

All M6 diffs for '15+ (R/T, Scat Pack, SRT392 in this case) are 3.90 LSD. The 'Cat and Demon use different ratios on their M6 applications.

Since ZF is used for both open and LSD, the coupler and axle shafts may be common in the '15+ applications. Just haven't heard of many swaps (yet)
And the SXT diff is 195mm, the R/T unit is 230mm and don't know that would complicate things.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Good info guys, thanks!

So doing some more digging, I found that these parts from the SRT listed on moparpartdeals.com are listed to fit the 2015 SXT, SXT+

Right Axle

Left Axle

3.07 Rear Diff w/ LSD

The drive shaft doesn't list the SXT, but I'm sure that's because it's a different length perhaps? Not sure if the transmission sits differently between the two motors (v6 vs v8).

Will continue to update as I dig up more. Also emailed an aftermarket vendor to see how much they know offhand.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
May I ask? Why the LSD? Our v6s aren't exactly torque monsters. Hard enough to break one tire loose, much less two. A Guy

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May I ask? Why the LSD? Our v6s aren't exactly torque monsters. Hard enough to break one tire loose, much less two. A Guy
You're correct... I just rather know my options. Plus with my S/C ordered and myself planning to get into the hobby of going to the track, I rather know ahead of time my options of fixing traction issues if that's a problem. Plus I feel that our "ESC", while it allows it to place 2 tire tracks on the pavement, robs us of our power in doing so.

Here's a response from Speedlogix via email:

"What we have seen just on a part number basis is that you would need the driveshaft as well. Whether it is a connection issue or size - no way of telling. But none of the part numbers match up from V6 or 5.7L to the Scat Pack/SRT driveline parts, so that is why we created these packages this way.

Other than that this will bolt right up to your V6 and no tuning is required!
Thanks
Chris"

·
Registered
159 Posts
...so....the 5.7 LSD kit with driveshaft Speedlogix offers will work with the 3.6 as well? Just not the package that is for the SRT, correct?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
So....nobody has any newer information on this issue? 2015+ SXT upgrading to LSD? Would one have to have a driveshaft made after replacing axles and Differential with SRT ones?

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
So....nobody has any newer information on this issue? 2015+ SXT upgrading to LSD? Would one have to have a driveshaft made after replacing axles and Differential with SRT ones?
The driveshaft "should" be the same as a V8 car. I'm digging into this too for my new 2019 GT RWD. It has 3.07's and I'd like something deeper. Then again, I may do a stall converter - or both :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
ive done it - yes, the driveshaft is the same - all you need is the diff and axles - you can seach for my old thread - i think the title was somthing like 195mm to 230mm differential swap

·
Registered
159 Posts
ive done it - yes, the driveshaft is the same - all you need is the diff and axles - you can seach for my old thread - i think the title was somthing like 195mm to 230mm differential swap

Thank you. I just read your post (while ignoring idiots who say "A V-6 doesn't need one!").

This is something I've been considering, as well as a supercharger (...maybe...someday...if my paint issues are ever fixed). It is good to hear that RT axles and a 230mm LSD Diff will bolt right up to our SXTs. I do have the SXT+, so I have the 195mm with 3.07 ratio now, just with an open Diff.

So it's just 3 parts, and I'm ready to roll? That's awesome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts