Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

I want to run some LT headers and delete the cats.. i already have magnaflow cat back..

my questions are …what will i need to do not to throw codes and pass emissions,, I live in texas so we gotta pass. I know a few on the DL shops that will do it.. but ide rather not have to mess with it.. if theres is a way to fool the 02 censor.. I know with a predator I can shut off the back censors . but what all do I need to do that works permantly . I don’t want to keep fooling with it..

·
Registered
86 Posts
with a DSP you don't have to turn off the rear O2s, i run catless mids, and i have the rear O2s suppressed, not off. it is part of the custom tune i have.

also, just b/c its not gonna be throwing codes doesn't mean you will pass emissions testing, in fact i am certain you wont.

·
Registered
86 Posts
NOTE - using the DSP to suppress the rear O2s is the same as doing the Mod for the O2s by adding steel wool and what not.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want the fuel smell. i will be putting a head and cam as well.. it will look new but sound old skool.. just want to figure out what i need to do so i can pass enspection.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
i want the fuel smell. i will be putting a head and cam as well.. it will look new but sound old skool.. just want to figure out what i need to do so i can pass enspection.
Well I can't say I know how their inspection works but I think you're gonna have a tough time if you have LTs and no cats.

·
Registered
86 Posts
your not going to pass, best bet isto wait, do the emission test, then get your mods....or.....go shortys with catless mids, then just throw your catted mids back on a few days before (one hour job) and your good, but running LTs with no cats, your doomed for sure...:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you go catless you may get some fuel smell
indeed, mine smells pretty bad at idle, and the first few days with the headers burnin the new coatings off, along with the fuel smell was almost overwhelming..had to drive it for long periods of time to get the smell of the headers to go away.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
you won't pass inspection a visual yes but not the other test but you can always take a ride to the outer areas and get it passed just talk with the local guys...you don't want to smell fuel in the car dude... I run LT with gutted cats and it is loud so people say to me it's music and my mufflers are the turbos. :guiness:

·
Registered
104 Posts
search the threads. i believe its spark plug extenders, you can get them at autoparts store. extender screws into pipe, steel wool in there, sensor screws into that. But from what i have read, still throw codes from time to time.
Yeah, TEXAS boy here too. you wont pass without cats.
i have a buddy with a shop, debating taking mine off.
Im sure there is a county somewhere around you that doesnt test. there is one county close to me that doesnt do emissions, Chambers, just have to have chambers address. I will be buying there in the next few years.

-

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I know places I can go where they don't care. They will
Pass you .. All you gotta do is show up.. I just didn't know if there was a way not to have to mess with it ... Maybe I'll just do high flow cats..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts