Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, had a quick question about either buying high flow cats (magnaflow) or LT headers (kooks). With my current mod list which one do you think would add more benefit. as of right now its spend the money for the headers or get the high flow cats, an HHP stage 1 tune, and mopar performance TCM.....tough choice. thanks in advance

·
Registered
102 Posts
easy choice. HF cats. Unless you plan on a stroker, keep your OEM headers. They flow great!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Kooks LT's came with high flow cats... thought that was standard? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mike,

I have a 2008 also, still running stock clams and stock converters with my maggie. Headers will give you a nice sound but with your current mods not a lot of bang for the buck, I know Arrington would do a cam change for a lot less than the price of headers, and I think you would see more of a performance gain with a new cam than any kind of exhaust upgrade. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all for the input, i think ill put in a call to arrington and see how much a cam + install will run me as per bad's suggestion. if all else fails ill still go with the custom tune and the mopar performance tcm.

·
Registered
323 Posts
thank you all for the input, i think ill put in a call to arrington and see how much a cam + install will run me as per bad's suggestion. if all else fails ill still go with the custom tune and the mopar performance tcm.
Mike: you're approaching this the wrong way. You should look at it top down instead of just picking parts randomly. The reason for the top down approach is to decide what your ultimate goals are and how you're going to get there. N/A build or SC'd, big power or mostly stock, etc ? You get the picture. Many of the pieces and parts work together and perform BEST when properly matched, ie you get the best bang for your hard earned bucks.

Starting with Arrington is a good thing, decide on your goals and talk to them, I guarantee you they will provide a lot of advice and insight that can help you achieve your goals. And they know what parts / packages play best together to achieve your ultimate goal(s) and can provide seriously good tuning.

It might / might not cost a tad more up-front but top down planning WILL save you many thousands later on, trust me. You'll get a better result quicker and with far less frustration.

--CC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's basically what the fine staff at arrington said, i told them my goals which was a N/A car to run mid 12's on the track and about 420+ at the wheels. they were very knowledgeable, to the point of laying out everything i would need and how much it would cost. so i believe i have my plans laid out now i have something to save for down the road....cant wait for it :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts