Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on putting Lucas additive to my engine and trans? 108k on my car.
I have put it in every other vehicle and always had good results.
Tks in advance

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,995 Posts
A bit late with a response but if the engine/transmission has made it to 108K miles with no signs of any problems I'd say you don't need to do anything other than just keep doing what you've been doing. Seems the engine/tranmission like it.

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
Certainly not for the transmission - the NAG1 / WA580 tranny uses synthetic fluid. Very different from the GM / Ford units.

For extra protection, a full synthetic isn't a bad idea - using the weight designated for the 3.6 engine.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,995 Posts
Certainly not for the transmission - the NAG1 / WA580 tranny uses synthetic fluid. Very different from the GM / Ford units.

For extra protection, a full synthetic isn't a bad idea - using the weight designated for the 3.6 engine.
Sorry, I wasn't that clear. My response was not an agreement the OP should use Lucas in his new car - like he has in his "other" vehicles -- only that he should continue to do with the new car what he has done up 'til now. With 108K miles on the engine/drivetrain and with no signs of any issues I think what ever he's doing is working. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Regular fluid services for both the engine and transmission go a long ways to maximizing component/system service life. The lubrication makers include whatever additives deemed necessary to get the most out of the lubrication fluid. Almost everything, and dare I drop the almost and say everything a owner can add to the fluid either is of no value or worse, could possibly be in some way harmful. Maybe only in a small way harmful, but harmful none the less.

·
Super Moderator
14,196 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't that clear. My response was not an agreement the OP should use Lucas in his new car - like he has in his "other" vehicles -- only that he should continue to do with the new car what he has done up 'til now. With 108K miles on the engine/drivetrain and with no signs of any issues I think what ever he's doing is working. Don't fix what ain't broke.
I agree. Totally unnecessary. Stay with what has been working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts