Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a ton of owners who have installed aftermarket wheels on their cars.I was wondering how many ft.lbs. of torque you applied to the lugs?

Does every wheel manufacturer require a different amount of lug nut torque or do we use the 100 ft.lbs. for the R/T and 110 ft.lbs. for the SRT as stated in the factory specs.

Actually the set of 'Mr.Lugnuts' 14mmx1.50 - 2" long spline lugs that I have for my Foose Legend wheels state not to exceed 95 ft.lbs. of torque,...will 5 ft.lbs. less make that much of a difference?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Most aftermarket wheels I have had recommend 90. Some go as low as 85, but that makes me a little nervous. :worried:

·
Registered
Challenger Hellcat
36 Posts
I know there is a ton of owners who have installed aftermarket wheels on their cars.I was wondering how many ft.lbs. of torque you applied to the lugs?

Does every wheel manufacturer require a different amount of lug nut torque or do we use the 100 ft.lbs. for the R/T and 110 ft.lbs. for the SRT as stated in the factory specs.

Actually the set of 'Mr.Lugnuts' 14mmx1.50 - 2" long spline lugs that I have for my Foose Legend wheels state not to exceed 95 ft.lbs. of torque,...will 5 ft.lbs. less make that much of a difference?

Wheels are torqued per MFG.'s spec's. I have my A/R Torque Thrust M's torqued to 110 lbs on my 2010 Challenger SRT8. This is also per American Racing/Wheel Pro's Arlington,TX center C/S. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Torque specs are for the thread pitch of the stud not the wheel.
All 14mmx1.50 studs should be torqued to 110 ft lbs regardless of wheel style.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
110 is where I put all my wheels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts