Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I move the lumbar seat control knob front to back, you can definitely feel the support inflate or deflate. But when I move it up or down, you can't really feel anything moving. I hear the motor going, but don't really feel the support moving up or down. Is this normal?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a power seat but my lumbar is operated manually with a lever on the left side of the seat back. I didnt know you could get different power seat options. When you say up or down do you mean in or out?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a power seat but my lumbar is operated manually with a lever on the left side of the seat back. I didnt know you could get different power seat options. When you say up or down do you mean in or out?
Power knob on left side of driver seat with 4 adjustment positions....front to back makes lumbar support inflate or deflate....& up & down makes support move up or down....at least it's supposed to:disgust:

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you are talking about the lower control in the picture that is not a lumbar knob, regardless though, if its not moving up and down its probably a track issue or an internal failure of the motor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
The two switches on the side of the seat cushion control:

1)The seatback movement, tilt forward and back (if you look directly at them it looks like the seat.) This would be the upper one.

2)The seat portion of the switch arrangement controls not only the seat up and down, but if you "twist" clockwise/ anti-clockwise the seat will raise front and lower back of seat cushion or lower front and raise back of seat cushion.
Also if you "slide this switch, it moves the whole seat forward or back.

The lumbar lever on the side of the seat back part is just mechanical and puts a "lump" somewhere in your back (depends on you height).
As stated earlier, there is no up/down positioning of this feature. (the rod which you control with the lever has a bend in the center and rotates in and out depending on how much "lump" you desire.

Up untill 2011's there is no release for access to the back seat from the drivers side.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Read the manual....lumbar doesn't move up and down.
As much as I hate to confuse you with the facts....
From the manual...
"Pushing upward or downward on the switch will raise & lower the position of the lumbar support."

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is what I see in the 2010 manual, pages 118-121

Power Seat

The power seat switches are located on the outboard side

of the front seat cushions. The power seat switch can be
moved forward and backward as well as up and down to control the position of the seat. The power seatback
switch is used to adjust the angle of the seatback. Push

forward or rearward on the switch to change the position of the seatback.

Lumbar Support

This feature allows you to increase or decrease the
amount of lumbar support. Turn the control lever forward to increase and rearward to decrease the desired
amount of lumbar support.

Unless I missed something it looks the same in both owners manuals. Copy and pasted from the 2010 manual. Sure you are looking at the right one?

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
2BLU4U has a 2011 IE 392 - those have the 4-way power lumbar adjustments (new seat design).

Unlike the '08-'10 version which simply had the manual level that would add or decrease the amount of lumbar adjustment, the '11 seat has more features over the initial '08 design:
* 4 way power lumbar
* seat thorax airbags (side impact protection)
* quick release seatback for both driver and passenger seats

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
2BLU4U has a 2011 IE 392 - those have the 4-way power lumbar adjustments (new seat design).

Unlike the '08-'10 version which simply had the manual level that would add or decrease the amount of lumbar adjustment, the '11 seat has more features over the initial '08 design:
* 4 way power lumbar
* seat thorax airbags (side impact protection)
* quick release seatback for both driver and passenger seats

Thanks Hal,

Had NO idea, from his post, he has an IE.:scratchhead:
That explains it.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts