Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has issues with their lumbar support? My 2010 SE's manual lumbar support is too low on my back. I need something that supports my mid-back. I was able to stuff a cushion into the seat back of my '94 T-Bird by unhooking the leather seat cover at the bottom-rear of the seat. There was pleanty of space between in the seatback to stuff the cushion into.

Anyone have any ideas? I have leather factory seats in the SE.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have always had problems with the lumbar support in the vehicles I have owned. Any that have had adjustments, I would always leave it in (vs. adjusting toward my back). I have problems with my lower back and find most adjustable supports uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has issues with their lumbar support? My 2010 SE's manual lumbar support is too low on my back. I need something that supports my mid-back. I was able to stuff a cushion into the seat back of my '94 T-Bird by unhooking the leather seat cover at the bottom-rear of the seat. There was pleanty of space between in the seatback to stuff the cushion into.

Anyone have any ideas? I have leather factory seats in the SE.
Asking for the Lumbar support to be in the middle of your back is a bit of an oxymoron, as the Lumbar is your lower back only.

You may look into some of the aftermarket seat covers, which you could modify to add the padding where you need it for optimal comfort. Other than that I don't think you really have any access to the inside of the seat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Asking for the Lumbar support to be in the middle of your back is a bit of an oxymoron, as the Lumbar is your lower back only.

You may look into some of the aftermarket seat covers, which you could modify to add the padding where you need it for optimal comfort. Other than that I don't think you really have any access to the inside of the seat.

Well, I'm not sure what the middle back is called, but that's where i need the support. I saw a pic of the plastic seat back removed for a leather seat cover swap and I believe I could get at it relatively easily. It'll have to wait though. too much snow and cold right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts