Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago on the rumor mill it was said that the next gen LX plaform would be based on the current gen MB E-Class. The LY moniker would be that platform but do we know what platform this concept is built on?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I read that the Challenger was going to be 115 in. wheelbase. Now doesn't that mean the LY platform would be just that? Are the MB platforms 115 or is this coming out (debut) with the platform new as well?

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's my understanding that the LY platform is just a shortened and lighter version of the LX platform. I don't think the LY platform is based off of a current MB platform, but I'm not 100% certain.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oh, and sorry, the Challenger concept is supposed to be built on the LY platform. You are correct though, the current LX cars are said to be moving over to the LY platform as well in the future.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I read an article a whiles back that the LY is an evolutionized LX (well duh). But i think it is based of the LX platform that allows a lighter weight plus the addition of the 6 spd manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The LY platform is going to be a completly new one based more heavily on the current Eclass Mercedes...this newer platform is more flexible for styling and design changes from the same "pan"...think the new CLS and R class are off of this same platform...look for a Chrysler 2door 300 derivitave to be announced soon...300 D perhaps?

·
Registered
159 Posts
That would be a nice addition to the 300 family. I like all the HEMI cars. A 2dr would sell nicely I think.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: LY platform, is it the CLK or current gen E-Class?

CHARGERSHED said:
The LY platform is going to be a completly new one based more heavily on the current Eclass Mercedes...this newer platform is more flexible for styling and design changes from the same "pan"...think the new CLS and R class are off of this same platform...look for a Chrysler 2door 300 derivitave to be announced soon...300 D perhaps?
I'd personally like to see this '300 Hemi-C Roadster' concept go into production. :cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
You just want a convertible, don't ya?;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Not really...only owned one throught the years, but 'ya gotta admit, this one sure looks 'purdy'. :D
It's got to be one of the sexiest looking cars I have seen in a long time...:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts