Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a second pair of wheels for my 1320 SCAT. As you all know the car comes with Drag Radials stock which are only good for about 3k on the street.

So I've tossed on some street tires and I want another pair of wheels to mount a set of the Radials for the track.

I can get a set of knock off M392's for $750, they come in 20x9.5 (stock) and 20x11. I just read on AM that the 20x11 are a staggering 40lbs each (pun intended).

I can get a pair OEMs for $1,000. No idea on weight, but normal Hellcat 20x9.5s are 26lbs. That's 24lbs less!!!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
379 Posts
they are no where near 40lb each! lol I own a set, totally inaccurate, they're lighter than the forged stock SRT wheels that are narrower............

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
Wheel Brand: MRR Wheels
Wheel Model: M392
Wheel Construction: Flow Form
Wheels Weight: 24.0 lbs Front & 25.0 lbs Rear
Bolt Pattern: 5x115
Center Bore: 71.5

A Guy

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wouldn't trust anything that American Muscle says, they have fallen so far from where they used to be, I can't believe they said these wheels weigh 40lbs idiots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,429 Posts
Maybe 40# is the weight of wheel/tire combo?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
1320s wheels have knurled edges.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Need a second pair of wheels for my 1320 SCAT. As you all know the car comes with Drag Radials stock which are only good for about 3k on the street.

So I've tossed on some street tires and I want another pair of wheels to mount a set of the Radials for the track.

I can get a set of knock off M392's for $750, they come in 20x9.5 (stock) and 20x11. I just read on AM that the 20x11 are a staggering 40lbs each (pun intended).

I can get a pair OEMs for $1,000. No idea on weight, but normal Hellcat 20x9.5s are 26lbs. That's 24lbs less!!!

Thoughts?
I did exactly what you are contemplating. I removed the drag radials from my 1320 and installed street rubber. I mounted two of the drag radials on a pair of 20x9.5 M392's. I have been pleased with the 392's, they are nice wheels. I would prefer to have the factory wheels with knurled lip, but I couldn't locate any extra 1320 wheels that were reasonably priced at the time. I was going to put the 392's on the front and the factory rims on the back to allow for keeping the drag tires on the knurled rims, but the 392's do not match the factory wheels enough to satisfy me. So in the end I have all 4 factory rims with street tires and the 392's have the drag radials. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did exactly what you are contemplating. I removed the drag radials from my 1320 and installed street rubber. I mounted two of the drag radials on a pair of 20x9.5 M392's. I have been pleased with the 392's, they are nice wheels. I would prefer to have the factory wheels with knurled lip, but I couldn't locate any extra 1320 wheels that were reasonably priced at the time. I was going to put the 392's on the front and the factory rims on the back to allow for keeping the drag tires on the knurled rims, but the 392's do not match the factory wheels enough to satisfy me. So in the end I have all 4 factory rims with street tires and the 392's have the drag radials. Hope this helps.
I'm glad you said something.

I was about to pull the trigger on the 20x11.

How are they off, shape or color?

Was going to run 275/40 up front and 285/40 out back for the street on a 20x9.5/20x11 setup. Use a OEM set of 20x9.5 for my Nexens.

Once the Nexens burn out, the plan was to switch to 315/35 Mickys on the 20x11.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm glad you said something.

I was about to pull the trigger on the 20x11.

How are they off, shape or color?

Was going to run 275/40 up front and 285/40 out back for the street on a 20x9.5/20x11 setup. Use a OEM set of 20x9.5 for my Nexens.

Once the Nexens burn out, the plan was to switch to 315/35 Mickys on the 20x11.
There are very subtle differences in the wheels that most people will never notice. The thickness of the cross bar is the main difference. Color is close. I'm just extremely picky and wanted to drive the car on 4 matching wheels. If you are planning on running the 20x11's anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there a weight difference between the oem 1320 wheels and the m392 20x9.5?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Knurled Edges, as far as I've heard.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Thoughts?
I don't know if the stock wheels changed from 2018 to 2019 but I'm running stock wheels in front and the 20x11" MMRs in back ...... zero difference beyond width to speak of.

If there is a difference worth mentioning I haven't really noticed it. I'm actually thinking the biggest visual difference, other than the width it the tires.....I'm using up the stock issued Pirelli tires and out back I'm using a Nitto. Thread difference stands out far more so that the wheels do.

BTW: 40pds? Not sure where you got that stat......but it's way off. The wheel is much lighter.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
284 Posts
Finally got around to mounting the Mickey Thompson Street S/S tires. 64.0 lbs total (20x11 rim+ 305/35R20 tire). Ready for the next test-n-tune!

MT Street SS.jpg

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Have you experienced any rubbing on the inner fender and did you have to add any spacers?
Yes, I could hear it rubbing so I ended up trimming some of the inner fender liner (thin abs plastic), maybe 3-4"inches on rear, bottom corner. The trim I removed is not noticeable if tire is on.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
32 Posts
Yes, I could hear it rubbing so I ended up trimming some of the inner fender liner (thin abs plastic), maybe 3-4"inches on rear, bottom corner. The trim I removed is not noticeable if tire is on.
Oh ok, thanks for your response. I've been reading the forum alot the past few weeks and the inner fender rub seems to be a constant problem. I talked to someone at MRR and they assured me it won't be any rubbing issues especially if i went with the Mickey Thompson 305/35/20's in the rear however i do have a 2016 R/T Plus on stock suspension. I don't know if that makes a difference being that my car sits a little higher. Is your car lowered and does that increase the chance for rubbing?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Oh ok, thanks for your response. I've been reading the forum alot the past few weeks and the inner fender rub seems to be a constant problem. I talked to someone at MRR and they assured me it won't be any rubbing issues especially if i went with the Mickey Thompson 305/35/20's in the rear however i do have a 2016 R/T Plus on stock suspension. I don't know if that makes a difference being that my car sits a little higher. Is your car lowered and does that increase the chance for rubbing?
My scat pack is lowered just over 1 inch which could explain why it rubbed. I’ve heard some do, while others don’t. I doubt a stock 15+ R/T would rub.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts