Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE***** Read below

Bear with me I don't have the car out yet and what I am describing might be rather vague. Have a 15 scat pack with m6 less than 10k miles on it. Hoping to get it out soon but the snow wont go away. either way the b2b is up next month and need to get in for a few issues before it runs out. So trying to figure how the describe the issue to the dealer and if there is any TSB. Like I said its been 4 months since I have drive the car so might be hard to describe.

Either way I have started to notice the shifting is weird, when hitting the clutch pedal to switch gears its like something is sticking, sounds like the clutch letting go late or something and then sends the RPMs up. Best way to describe it is something it sticking or binding. with less than 10k miles on the clutch I cant imagine its roasted.

**Update**
So finally was able to get the car out. What I am noticing is this, when at idle the car seems to rattle, push in clutch pedal it goes away, have seen on the other threads where some say its normal others say its not. Second part was I left off the clutch in the driveway after moving a few feet, short delay and there seemed to be winding noise in the transmission area. I was noticing this before last fall when driving as well sounds like it winds down after letting off the clutch for maybe a second, not really grinding noise.

I know I know its under warranty, its going in. But being that its intermittent right now, I would like to have as much info as possible, I don't get we cant replicate this issue.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,566 Posts
Either way I have started to notice the shifting is weird, when hitting the clutch pedal to switch gears its like something is sticking, sounds like the clutch letting go late or something and then sends the RPMs up. Best way to describe it is something it sticking or binding. with less than 10k miles on the clutch I cant imagine its roasted.
I take it you still have the clutch delay valve installed? It's purpose is to delay the engagement/disengagement of the clutch to minimize shock to the drivetrain. In cold weather it can be more pronounced. It is the first mod most people do to an M6 (~15min job).

Also, the earlier M6 trannies had improper lubricated input shafts which caused the clutch to bind but not sure if it is applicable to the 2015s?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you still have the clutch delay valve installed? It's purpose is to delay the engagement/disengagement of the clutch to minimize shock to the drivetrain. In cold weather it can be more pronounced. It is the first mod most people do to an M6 (~15min job).

Also, the earlier M6 trannies had improper lubricated input shafts which caused the clutch to bind but not sure if it is applicable to the 2015s?

This different than the skip shift? But no I haven't done any mods at this point on the car. I cant remember the ambient temperature, but did notice before putting it away for the winter the car did it more when the engine was cold.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,566 Posts
This different than the skip shift? But no I haven't done any mods at this point on the car. I cant remember the ambient temperature, but did notice before putting it away for the winter the car did it more when the engine was cold.
Yup this is different than skip shift...you need to remove 2 little components from the hydro line that goes to the slave cylinder.

Instructions on how to do this are here. Basically you remove a clip, detach the line, dig the components out with a dental pick, reconnect the line and pump the clutch pedal ~200 times.

Again, it might be possible that the input shaft is not properly greased but I am pretty sure the symptoms were the car was difficult to get out of gear.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f89/6-spd-input-shaft-grease-star-center-case-k38556860-needed-81252/

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks those two things gives me a starting point. Theres no issue with actually putting into different gears, just seems like when pushing the clutch peddle in its hesitating.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,566 Posts
Thanks those two things gives me a starting point. Theres no issue with actually putting into different gears, just seems like when pushing the clutch peddle in its hesitating.
Removing the CDV will make a noticeable difference in the engagement characteristics of the clutch. Pretty much everyone with an M6 will tell you to get rid of that garabage. :smile:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldn't this be covered under your 5Year/100k warranty anyways?
Depends power train is not as robust as the b2b coverage. Typically powertrain tends to focus on more internal items than items attached to the power train. So for me my as well get it checked out now when its 100% covered vs letting it click over and go into the well the warranty only covers this BS.

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Also if it turns out to be the clutch they will normally only cover it for 12 months or 12,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts
I'd suspect issues with the slave cyl / throwout bearing or the clutch discs are hanging on the input shaft...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts