Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 dodge challenger R/T
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has everyone been using to lube tue input shaft splines? I was thinking about using a dry graphite lubricant, i have a gallon of slip plate lubricant at work we use for the outriggers on utility bucket trucks, seems to work pretty well. It goes on wet, thin, drys and stays where you put it. I’m replacing the slave/release bearing assembly while the trans is out too. I was having the issue with the shifter getting stuck in gear and increased shift effort. It was a little better after the CDV removal. But the splines were bone dry and look like they have never had any trace of grease on it.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
361 Posts
Hi,

Haven't done a clutch in a Challenger, bit my 07 ram, I put a thin coat of axle grease on the splines and between the throwout and bearing retainer, most of it will fling off due to rotation so don't go hog wild.

Last clutch lasted 100,000 miles no shifting issues, in reality the throwout bearing went out causing me to change the clutch

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
17,319 Posts
05083150AA grease - this a (low temperature) multi purpose grease is what's called for in the service notes

there were issues with Chrysler using high temp grease (Viper applications due to enclosed trans tunnel) and it would get stick and cause the friction discs to hang / stick on input shaft splines

Reactions: Slidd
1 - 3 of 3 Posts