Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ‘18 SPS w/M6 Trans on order should be delivered in the next week or so...
My question is do these transmissions still have the 1-4th gear skip shift? I remember that I had to install a skip-shift eliminator module in my ‘09 R/T.
If that is still the case, can someone please post a link for where to purchase said skip-shift eliminator. Thanks in advance for your help......Rich

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
Since 2017, FCA has included an OEM skip-shift eliminator but it only works in Sport Mode where it normally wouldn't activate anyway but that's the way it is. If you want to disable it without Sport, you'll have to buy the eliminator.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since 2017, FCA has included an OEM skip-shift eliminator but it only works in Sport Mode where it normally wouldn't activate anyway but that's the way it is. If you want to disable it without Sport, you'll have to buy the eliminator.

:ugh2:THX Slidd, I Was hoping that might be the case, good to know.
I’m usually always driving in sport mode anyway, so this probably won’t be an issue...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes, however the skip shift eliminator is only around $20 ;)

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
Oddly enough, my 2018 SRT with maybe 1,500 or so miles on it has never skip shifted in any mode. I'm wondering if it's a software issue that might be effecting other functions.
When I had my M6 it got me maybe twice. If you drive it getting on a little it won't ever activate, the only time you will see it is trying to shift out of 1st at exactly 20 mph at light throttle. Start the 1-2 shift either below or above 20 and you don't need the eliminator. On the new SRT either Sport or Track and probably a Custom mode will disable it.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Oddly enough, my 2018 SRT with maybe 1,500 or so miles on it has never skip shifted in any mode. I'm wondering if it's a software issue that might be effecting other functions.
I can only get it to happen if I try. You have to be doing low rpms like 1500 maybe 2k and that's it. Almost impossible unless your driving like a real sally.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can only get it to happen if I try. You have to be doing low rpms like 1500 maybe 2k and that's it. Almost impossible unless your driving like a real sally.
Go to know, maybe they changed the parameters in the newer models. It seemed to activate quite often in my ‘09 R/T, that’s why I installed the skip shift eliminator...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Happens to me quite often & it is DAMN annoying! My wife has never had it happen to her while driving either the current car, or our previous 2012 R/T, so she does not know how annoying it is. I installed the eliminator on our 2012, & have purchased it for our 2016, but have not installed it yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts