Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trans has 78k on it now,
it started having a squeak at about 55k miles. when i’m going through the gears and applying semi heavy throttle ( not full throttle but about 3 quarters) every time i’d change gears and get back on the throttle i would hear a pretty noticeable squeak noise. Even when applying full throttle it would squeak but it doesn’t squeak when driving normally. Can’t find any other threads on this topic.
any help will be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,359 Posts
See if can capture the noise in a quick vid or sound clip and share that out for everyone to hear. I bet that will make it much easier to identify for anyone who's had the same issue (and hopefully knows the resolution).

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Check out TSB 21-020-16. It could be the shifter bushing making noise under the console. It couldn't hurt to try to lubricate it, and see if the noise goes away.

Just make sure you use the Nye 880 or something that won't attack the rubber.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
My trans has 78k on it now,
it started having a squeak at about 55k miles. when i’m going through the gears and applying semi heavy throttle ( not full throttle but about 3 quarters) every time i’d change gears and get back on the throttle i would hear a pretty noticeable squeak noise. Even when applying full throttle it would squeak but it doesn’t squeak when driving normally. Can’t find any other threads on this topic.
any help will be appreciated!
You sure the noise is not from the clutch pedal and linkage operation? With a few of my previous cars -- those that covered big miles (~150K+) several times when I had the car in for service I had the tech lube the clutch linkage -- the linkage that is outside the bell housing -- to deal with minor squeaks and other noises that happen every time I pushed the clutch pedal down or let it up again.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
Reactions: BlackHemi41
1 - 5 of 5 Posts