Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh no not another friggin supercharger thread! :fight: Please save the critism as I think this one is different.

Thinking of going with a magnacharger as I am seeing some good number$ out there. In the future I would probably go for a forged block and rotating assembly to get more out of it.

The question is do/ can I start out with the Arrington 8psi kit and run it at 6 PSI on the stock block. or would the bigger injectors be too much. Or do I just do the 6PSI kit and then later get the boost a pump, idler and injectors ect later? Seem it would cost a whole lot more in the end run this way.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
If you can get 93 octane in your area....

I'd get the 8psi kit and run it at 8psi. You said you're gonna get a built motor later anyway, and if the tune is good the motor will be fine. Just get a GOOD tune and I mean really good and use the best gasoline in your area.

Remember you'll only be at 8psi when you're really getting on it.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Are you going to be installing the kit your self ???? As long as you don't race it on a regular bases with a good tune and fuel you should be OK. I would in your case go with the minimium you need for 8 PSIG Boost and You need a very conservative tune AJ is the Man for that. When and if you are looking for more preformance I would then go with the larger injectors, FORE 2 pump Fuel Hat Stroked & forged Engine and 12- 16 PSIG Boost. Once you have driven the Car with 8 PSIG Boost you will be my guess looking for more. If you go to Challengerfeast 2 I am sure Speedy or one of the Guys If I can make me for sure will give you a ride in a car with a Maggie and 12 + boost

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to be installing the kit your self ???? As long as you don't race it on a regular bases with a good tune and fuel you should be OK.
Mechanic for 25 years, so yes self install. As far as racing it regularly? Well lets just say the power of a stocker is addictive so i would not want to be lead in to temptation. From what I understand 6psi can be run night and day without any ill effects. 8PSI a timebomb?

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Mechanic for 25 years, so yes self install. As far as racing it regularly? Well lets just say the power of a stocker is addictive so i would not want to be lead in to temptation. From what I understand 6psi can be run night and day without any ill effects. 8PSI a timebomb?
Honestly it's still kind of an unknown on the 8psi. Most folks running that amount or more have gone to forged motors.

You could try a 8psi pulley and your tuner should be able to tell if it's an issue. If they see a lot of knock or detonation well you have your answer. Just make sure the tune is spot on.

I think with 6psi there's a little wriggle room. At 8psi the tune needs to be really good and on the conservative side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
With the tune you will be provided from AJ i would go ahead and do the 8lb kit like we discussed. Remember this though....if you want to run the 6lb kit we can upgrade to the 8lb kit at any time

5,134 Posts
I run the 6psi kit and have been pondering the upgrade to 8 psi. Not sure an extra 40 horsepower is worth the increased risk of poppage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts