Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the track with John (SRT5939), I watched him turn his ignition on, and seen the coolant flowing through his SC coolant tank. At that time, he was able to put ice in there to help out between runs.

Well when I turned my key on, and opened mine, I did not see anything slowing, it was full, but not flowing. Can anyone else confirm this? Would be nice to have it flow in between runs with the key on like John's does....

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the same issue during install...Key on no power to pump but start engine and you'll have flow.

HOT ROD ON

Sounds like we need to rewire. It would be a huge advantage to us to be able to get that to flow with the Key on. Perhaps Magnasun can help us out with this. Hopefully they see this thread.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Should be no problem installing a auxiliary switch to run pump with ignition off on race day or change power pick up location that provides power in the ignition mode.

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should be no problem installing a auxiliary switch to run pump with ignition off on race day or change power pick up location that provides power in the ignition mode.

HOT ROD ON
That's what I was thinking. Just wire it to an ignition hot wire. Probably should be installed that way all the time. AS long as you can still use "accessory", it would be fine. Only have it turn on with Ignition on. I did not install mine myself so I will have to dig around for the wires. I hope they are easy to get to.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Should be a yellow power wire going to the fuse box on the passenger side in the engine bay.... with a simple fuse tap connector.

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be a yellow power wire going to the fuse box on the passenger side in the engine bay.... with a simple fuse tap connector.

HOT ROD ON
Wow, that makes it simple! I am sure there is an ignition hot in that box somewhere. I will look into is today or tomorrow. Funny thing is I did car Stereos and alarms for years! Just had no part in this install. Thanks for pointing out the power feed though. This is a simple fix!

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Good thought desant, I'm going to check mine out. I was hoping to be able to get a ice box somewhere easy inside the engine bay but there is not really a big enough spot.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good thought desant, I'm going to check mine out. I was hoping to be able to get a ice box somewhere easy inside the engine bay but there is not really a big enough spot.
While at the track, we can take some coolant out with a turkey baster or something, and then put ice in there. We can then get some major cooling in between runs. Even just running it with the engine off would help too I would think. I am sure we can come up with something for an icebox eventually if we need to.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
While at the track, we can take some coolant out with a turkey baster or something, and then put ice in there. We can then get some major cooling in between runs. Even just running it with the engine off would help too I would think. I am sure we can come up with something for an icebox eventually if we need to.
There is a small spot next to the overflow for the radiator, not going to be much volume but it would be very easy to hook up the lines run right next to it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a small spot next to the overflow for the radiator, not going to be much volume but it would be very easy to hook up the lines run right next to it.
Guess we have to see how into it we get next season. The ice right in the reservoir seems to not be a bad idea either. Man next year is gonna be expensive.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts