Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting a new exhaust for my Chally, Im stuck on wheather I should go with magna flow or Flow master. Any adice?? It would be for a v6 3.5L, def. doing dual exhaust. suggetstions on types of tips? Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just did Magnaflow on my '11 SE 3.6L V6 and it sounds great. Still looking to get new tips, but I can say that Magnaflow sounds good on our V6's. I was told at the muffler shop that the Flowmaster (since that was what I originally wanted) would sound more higher pitched and like a bumble bee sound than more of an open throaty sound like I have now. Im not dissing Flowmaster, thats what I originally wanted, but they told me the Magnaflow would be a better option and Im happy.

Oh and the muffler shop was a Flowmaster dealer and the Flowmaster exhaust I wanted was more than the Magnaflows, so them telling me to go with Magnaflow was not to make them money by any means.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would definitely recommend going with the Magnaflows as well. They give a very nice deep tone that sounds great on these V6 cars.

The system I would recommend would be our part# 16500 cat-back.

I can also get you a much lower price on this system if you are interested. Just shoot me a PM or email and i will let you know the price I can do for you :thumbsup:

Good luck!

-Alec

·
Registered
304 Posts
When I had my 2010 SE I had Magnaflows. They sounded great at start up and really good at idle and cruise. You only really hear the V6 when you go smash on it, lol. Either way itll sound better than Flowmaster :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm looking to change my exhaust too (I think). I have the '11 RT. Anyone notice a difference? I remember getting a Flowmaster exhaust on my Chevy trucks and loved the gurgling sound it used to make. Will I get that same effect on the Challenger with the Magnaflow? I wish I could hear one live.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I think I'm going with Magnaflow glasspacks on my SRT. I want the throaty musclecar growl so I think Magnaflow is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.