Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone bother finding a CAI (easy bolt on) for a Magnacharged SRT8, or would you just throw a K&N in the stock airbox? Is it worth it?

5,134 Posts
Definitely worth liberating the Maggie from the stock air box. I simply fabbed up a bigg-ass filter. Sure, it pulls 'warm' air but the gain in airflow has netted me noticeable gains across the board. If you've removed the radiator baffle, the air filter sees outside air as soon as you're moving 1 mph.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TT Dyno shows me about 20 ft.lbs across the board vs. the stock air box and paper filter.

Thanks, I will look into that. I was also thinking of modding the stock airbox, but your method seems easy....

·
Banned
664 Posts
I use the cervini set up, it hooks up just like the factory box. If you call Arrington maybe they could sell you an airbox, it is they same one they use on their magnacharged shaker set ups.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have done quite a bit of testing with air inlets over the years. Keeping the air intake temps down is really important for performance. Open air cleaners elements can provide power gains, but when the engine is hot with the fan running the power drops dramatically.

The best systems are sealed and draw air from the front grill. This setup with a low restriction filter and inlet bends will provide the best power under all conditions.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have done quite a bit of testing with air inlets over the years. Keeping the air intake temps down is really important for performance. Open air cleaners elements can provide power gains, but when the engine is hot with the fan running the power drops dramatically.

The best systems are sealed and draw air from the front grill. This setup with a low restriction filter and inlet bends will provide the best power under all conditions.
Who has a system like that for the Magnacharged SRT8

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
K&N is all you need.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Arrington CAI for Magnuson S/C

Would anyone bother finding a CAI (easy bolt on) for a Magnacharged SRT8, or would you just throw a K&N in the stock airbox? Is it worth it?
I have a two month old one for sale.Took it off when I put on the "Shaker" .PM me if interested.:bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts