Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I worked on this for about 1-2 hours today with no success. I tried over and over and could not get this thing to line up. I have Pm'ed HemiSam and he helped out with pictures. Here are my pictures from tonight. Suggestions? I've included a ton of pictures hopefully some ideas will start flying. Thank you advance for your help.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Here are some of the photos I sent prr in an attempt to help him with the install, in case anyone has some creative thoughts for him.

L - forgive any silly questions, but 1) you obviously need to make sure the injectors are full seated and they're not taller than my 80lb injectors or they simply won't fit. Speedlogix is now marketing the Arrington kit I have so you might reach out to them and ask for a measure of how tall those 80lb injectors are and see if they're the same or not. 2) I've got simple billet spacers, not so fancy like the ones GSO posted. You clearly need some form of spacer for the taller injectors to work. Finally, it was like a puzzle and took me and my pops an hour or two, with the blower removed and on the floor of the garage, so you can get there if you've got the same injector height...it's just not easy. Cocking the fuel cross over just right is critical and I had to bend up that barb I pointed out. Looks like you removed the barbs and I'll be interested to see how that comes back together for you in case I have to replace one at some point.

Good luck man... I know it ain't an easy job and one I have no interest in doing again.

HemiSam

·
Registered
528 Posts
Here's what I would do:

1) From off the engine, put your OEM injectors in your OEM fuel rail.
2) From off the engine, put your new injectors in your new fuel rail.
3) Place both rails on a flat counter with the bottom of the injectors touching the counter
4) Measure the distance from the counter to the bottom of the fuel rail mounting flange
5) If the new rail measures higher, you need spacers
6) If they measure the same, either your injectors aren't seating all the way or your fuel rail is bottoming out on something

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's what I would do:

1) From off the engine, put your OEM injectors in your OEM fuel rail.
2) From off the engine, put your new injectors in your new fuel rail.
3) Place both rails on a flat counter with the bottom of the injectors touching the counter
4) Measure the distance from the counter to the bottom of the fuel rail mounting flange
5) If the new rail measures higher, you need spacers
6) If they measure the same, either your injectors aren't seating all the way or your fuel rail is bottoming out on something
I knew going into this that they were taller. The problem I'm having is the connection that comes off of the driver side from fuel rail crossover line of the Magnacharger is not allowing me to sit the injectors straight up and down. They are in there but at an angle which is not allowing the rails to mount not even with a spacer.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i know this might sound petty but look at all old injectors and insure they have the o-rings on them . Its an easily over looked step in any injector replacement. you plan on running over 10lbs? Why the 80lbers ...

BTW love the maggie looks like it came on the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i know this might sound petty but look at all old injectors and insure they have the o-rings on them . Its an easily over looked step in any injector replacement. you plan on running over 10lbs? Why the 80lbers ...

BTW love the maggie looks like it came on the car.
Yes. I'm currently running 9lbs. The plan is to step it up in the near future.

I swapped the fitting from the passenger side fuel rail over to the driver side fuel rail and the one from the driver side on over to the passenger side. I have decided to run the crossover line over top of the blower which seems like it will work. I'll need to pick spacers up tomorrow but I have everything mocked up and the injectors are seated.

Notice something missing? I removed the blower. Much easier to work on! Thanks HemiSam!

Here is the 45 degree fitting that was moved from the driver side rail.

Here is the 90 degree fitting moved over from the passenger side rail.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Good thinking, L! Glad you're getting there and I think it was smart to take the blower off. It will seem like you wasted time to some, but I know better...

You can put some heat resistant loom around that fuel line if you want it black instead of the braided stainless. Let us know how your girl likes the new injectors once you get it all worked out and tuned.

HemiSam

·
Registered
297 Posts
Are you going to leave the fuel crossover line over the inlet?
Kudos on your progress btw, I loved reading your build write up on the LXF
Btw, if you are interested we do have 90mm inlets for sale now... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good thinking, L! Glad you're getting there and I think it was smart to take the blower off. It will seem like you wasted time to some, but I know better...

You can put some heat resistant loom around that fuel line if you want it black instead of the braided stainless. Let us know how your girl likes the new injectors once you get it all worked out and tuned.

HemiSam
Thanks Sam!

Are you going to leave the fuel crossover line over the inlet?
Kudos on your progress btw, I loved reading your build write up on the LXF
Btw, if you are interested we do have 90mm inlets for sale now... :)
I'm going to run the crossover line over the inlet for now. I'll bolt the blower back on tomorrow to see how things look.

Thanks Jessika! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided not to run the crossover line over the snout. I mailed the 80lb Injectors out today to be machined to stock height. They should be back next week. I'll update with pictures once I receive them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like the Ford 80lb injectors are Siemens Injectors and the body of the injector can not be machined. :burnout:

Plan "B" will start once the injectors are back.

Any one know what size NPT fittings are in the front of the fuel rails? Will AN fittings work here?

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
-8 AN ORB are the ends of fuel rails. Who told you that you could machine fuel injectors? They should be 10mm taller than stock injectors. Just make a spacer

1 - 20 of 38 Posts