Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had to change an idler pulley on the magnacharger as yet? Magnuson wants $55 for a $15 plastic pulley, there's got to be other options. Anything after market? What have you all done? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Has anyone else had to change an idler pulley on the magnacharger as yet? Magnuson wants $55 for a $15 plastic pulley, there's got to be other options. Anything after market? What have you all done? Thanks.
have lots in stock, billet aluminum, sorry not cheap
Luke

ps, depending on the pulley, 89.00 each
we keep 2.65, 2.8, 3.0 and 3.1 inches in stock

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
Here are the pulley sizes that we go by and this should help in the future as well.
5.7 engine
3.4” – 6lb
3.2” – 8lb
6.1 engine
3.2” – 6lb
3.1” – 8lb
6.4 engine
3.2” – 6lb
3.0” – 8lb

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
also we normally change the bottom damper to a 17% overdriven ATI unit
Luke

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the pulleys I'm looking for, I dnt think, sounds like your talking about the supercharger and crank pulleys, not looking to change the boost level yet. I'm liking for the idler pulley for the magnacharger, there's 2 of them right under the supercharger pulley. I don't mind paying for quality ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Not the pulleys I'm looking for, I dnt think, sounds like your talking about the supercharger and crank pulleys, not looking to change the boost level yet. I'm liking for the idler pulley for the magnacharger, there's 2 of them right under the supercharger pulley. I don't mind paying for quality ones.

The newer Magnuson idlers are billet aluminum. That's what SteveWhite was talking about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked through that link that he posted I didn't see anything idler pulley related on there, just the supercharger pulley itself. Am I missing one on there? do I need to look through there again?

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
No I just re-read stevewhite's post and yes they were just talking about the blower snout pulley. It was
the way the post was worded I thought they meant the idler but if they don't have those I'm sure they
can get them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ended up ordering them from superchargersonline. Only place I could find them, new updated metal ones. Ordered both. Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Here are the pulley sizes that we go by and this should help in the future as well.
5.7 engine
3.4” – 6lb
3.2” – 8lb
6.1 engine
3.2” – 6lb
3.1” – 8lb
6.4 engine
3.2” – 6lb
3.0” – 8lb
Yeah it's an old thread :wiggle: but what are the offsets on these? I see magnuson makes a 0.440" (only available in 3.2" and 3.4") and 0.400" (2.8" up to 3.9")...although I doubt 0.04" difference in offset would cause much of an issue.

·
Registered
2014 RT Anniversary 5.7 M6
17 Posts
also we normally change the bottom damper to a 17% overdriven ATI unit
Luke
Sorry for the necro, but my Tsv2300 was the stock 6psi package. I've since upgraded the pulley two times (3.4>3.2>3.1) and also the Dayco belt tensioner but have yet to 8psi (maybe for a split second in first gear on the street, never above 7 on the dyno). I doubt its a boost leak because I reached 6psi fine originally and my idle vacuum is -18. Is the culprit the fact that I don't have this bottom damper?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually been thinking about that. I rubbed my finger across a surface below the belt and came up with black dust, just not knowledgeable enough to detect other symptoms of belt slippage. Just ordered a HHP tensioner for overnight. If it was slippage probably gonna need a new K060994 too

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you sure the belt is not slipping?
It was definitely belt slip. Switched back to the original tensioner, consistently reaching over 7.5 psi and peaked at 8.6psi in 3rd gear instead of first. Ironically I should also get more consistent power by going back to the 3.2inch pulley. Should hold until the new tensioner arrives. Also looking into finding a slightly shorter belt.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
It was definitely belt slip. Switched back to the original tensioner, consistently reaching over 7.5 psi and peaked at 8.6psi in 3rd gear instead of first. Ironically I should also get more consistent power by going back to the 3.2inch pulley. Should hold until the new tensioner arrives. Also looking into finding a slightly shorter belt.
I am running thump racing tensioner and I get zero slippage...but it puts a lot of load on the accessory bearings. Takes quite a bit of effort with a 1/2" pry bar to move it when taking off the belt.

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
the tensioner should be in 3rd quandrant, at rest to fully extended, would reduce the belt length until tensioner is in 3rd to 4 quadrant extended, or about 80% from rest, in some case even a little more

also highly recommend changing the lower pulley, damper to over driven damper, ATI, the smaller the pulley is on the supercharger more chance of belt slippage

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
the tensioner should be in 3rd quandrant, at rest to fully extended, would reduce the belt length until tensioner is in 3rd to 4 quadrant extended, or about 80% from rest, in some case even a little more

also highly recommend changing the lower pulley, damper to over driven damper, ATI, the smaller the pulley is on the supercharger more chance of belt slippage
What size over drive pulley? ATI makes a 6% and 18%.

Or is the 6% actually the OE size?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts