Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and didn't see anything on installing these Magnaflow mufflers but could have missed it. Anyone replace the stock mufflers with either 10415 or 10416? If so, any more sound out of it? Looking for just a little bit more without going the whole catback route, although still an option.

Right now I'm liking the sound I'm getting out of the CAI so if I can get a little more similar sound it would be ideal. I like quiet most of the time and a bit louder at higher RPMs without being crazy.

I saw a video or two where someone put these Magnaflows on and it sounded better than stock but only by a little which would be ideal in my case. I would not touch the res as I don't even want to chance any kind of drone.

One is 2.25" and the other is 2.5". I believe the V6 is 2.25?

Thanks

·
Registered
981 Posts
Did a search and didn't see anything on installing these Magnaflow mufflers but could have missed it. Anyone replace the stock mufflers with either 10415 or 10416? If so, any more sound out of it? Looking for just a little bit more without going the whole catback route, although still an option.

Right now I'm liking the sound I'm getting out of the CAI so if I can get a little more similar sound it would be ideal. I like quiet most of the time and a bit louder at higher RPMs without being crazy.

I saw a video or two where someone put these Magnaflows on and it sounded better than stock but only by a little which would be ideal in my case. I would not touch the res as I don't even want to chance any kind of drone.

One is 2.25" and the other is 2.5". I believe the V6 is 2.25?

Thanks
Good choice on the resonator, although it’s personal preference. @A Guy might be the guy to give you some more info though, he’s got the resonator delete but for good reason. Usually resonator delete on a V6 makes it raspy at high RPMs, some like it, I think it sounds like ass personally.

just go for it, what it going to cost you $150-200? If you’ve seen some photos you should be good. The mufflers installed are to quiet the car down and tone it, as long as you replace it with something that’s a muffler that’s a bit shorter you should be able to get more sound and not have it sound awful.

Reactions: Sublime19
1 - 2 of 2 Posts