Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on the Magnaflow 16886 Cat Back System? I have an Auto and wondered if there are any drone issues with this system.
Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Magnaflow 16514

Hi, I put on the magnaflow 16514 kit as the place who supplies the kits said I would be very happy with it and no drone. Well they were right and I have been very happy with the kit. Loud but not too loud.

Sorry I can't answer about your exact kit however there are a lot of posts on the forum.

Good luck

Todd

·
Registered
127 Posts
Drone

If you have an Automatic when the engine goes from 8 to 4 cylinders you will definitely have drone. I had the 16509 on my 2010 automatic and at low rpm the drone was so bad that you couldn't hear yourself think. It will also interfere with voice commands to the radio/phone.
I took off the center section and replaced it with the stock piece. The sound now is just about right and there is no interior drone. I also checked this with Magnaflow directly and they also responded that with the automatics and MDS there wil be drone! So buy one from the center section back or get a Corsa system. They do not have drone problems.

Any feedback on the Magnaflow 16886 Cat Back System? I have an Auto and wondered if there are any drone issues with this system.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
do you have the 5.7 or 6.1? i have the 16885 which has the quad tips while the 16886 uses stock tips. on the highway at 65-70 it drones. its loud as hell but at the sme time is mellow, not raspy. nice and throaty

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just installed the 16886 on my 6 speed, sound is perfect with zero drone although the fitup sucks! I am taking mine to a shop and having it cut apart and rewelded for a better fit.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I installed the 16886 in my garage. Less than a two hour job. Fit perfect. A little drone, not as bad as my 6.0 GMC truck. Bought it to hear it. Car is still not loud enough. Like the stock tips.

·
Banned
18 Posts
I had the 16885 installed on my 6 speed, the fit was way off. Make sure you take it to a good muffler shop just in case yours is the same way!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback, helps with my decision. Its the 6.1 so no MDS to be concerned about. Just looking for a better sound than stock with minimum to no drone.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, helps with my decision. Its the 6.1 so no MDS to be concerned about. Just looking for a better sound than stock with minimum to no drone.
My 16885 drones around town some, but you can always vary the rpm with a 6sp. On the interstate, with the cruise set @70-75 mph, the drone isn't bad, the radio drowns it out easily. Of course in 6th gear going up a hill or the engine under a load it does get louder. As far as sound, it's wicked! I imagine the 16886 wouldn't drone as much as the 16885.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts