Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i added some magnaflow 59959 cats to my jba catless mids. i couldent take the fumes. they were too strong for my 9month son. i very pleased with the sound and performance. seems to run just as strong as catless. anyone else running magmaflow metalic honeycomb style cats?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the Magnaflow highflow midpipes. Made the car louder but my ass tells me that it helped a little bit to let the engine breath. good product and was a fair price (~$400).

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
i added some magnaflow 59959 cats to my jba catless mids. i couldent take the fumes. they were too strong for my 9month son. i very pleased with the sound and performance. seems to run just as strong as catless. anyone else running magmaflow metalic honeycomb style cats?
I've had the Magnaflow cats on my SRT for 8 months now and like them but they do create an MIL code to show up fairly frequently. Their O2 conversion rate is lower than the factory units. If it becomes an issue for you ( and it likely will) you have 3 choices: 1) live with it and ignore the MIL. 2) Have the rear O2's turned off in the ECM with a custom tune ( the older Diablosport units used to allow you to do this, but no longer). 3) Install spark plug anti-foulers between your rear O2's and the mid pipe. ( This worked perfectly for me).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Will the anti-foulers work with cat deletes?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Will the anti-foulers work with cat deletes?
I've been told that it will work also with cat deletes, for the same reason it works with the high flow cats....it gets the O2 sensor out of the direct exhaust flow stream and keeps O2's from tripping the MIL. I can't speak directly about this working with the cat deletes as I haven't tried it myself, but for as cheap as the anti-foulers are it's certainly worth a try. There's nothing to lose by trying it in your application.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i used anti-foulers with steel wool since i had mid pipes on no check engine light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts