Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Could we expand the question to include SLP cats as well?

I'd love to know if anyone has used Magnaflow or SLP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
stock exhaust is 100% efficient -

Performance shop gave me a document produced by Kenney Bell....(Superchargers)......sorry I dont have a link so you'll have to dig it up yourself...The document I looked at basically said:

Chrysler did it's homework - Stock exhaust is 100% efficient - they were unable to increase horsepower with ANY aftermarket exhaust system....

Dunno if the aftermarkets are as good / efficient or not...so unless youre just after the sound/noise, everything I have heard and read indicates stock is best. I know and spoke w/two different people that work at the Auburn Hills Headquarters here in Michigan, I dont know their sources and trust their word. BOTH said Chrysler Exhaust is the best application for that motor.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I gained 8 rwhp and 5 rwtq when I installed my magnaflow catback on my 07 srt8 auto charger. But it was not stock, still pretty close though, all I had was a cai intake, 180 tstat, and a tune and got 381rwhp and 378rwtq, then later got a magnaflow catback and went back to the dyno to retune and got 389 rwhp and got 387 rwtq, so some gains. would have been happy with more since this kit runs $1,000.00+ for the stainless, but you can get it cheaper if you do your research or talk to some vendors on here, they will take care of you. But I will say that the stock srt8 exhaust does flow very well for being stock, I know of a few people that got almost the same amount of gains with just knocking out the reso's and changing mufflers out, thats why I went with the same on my 10' challenger, as far as knowing if it did the same.....who knows:scratchhead: I have not took it in to get tuned, just running a canned tune from my predator, from what it feels, it runs strong, pretty close if not the same to my 07 charger. guess the truth will come out when i dyno it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
382 was my prior rear tq to the magnaflow, now 387 rwtq, sorry, I cant count and add :notallthere:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts