·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100_1091.jpg

100_1092.jpg

100_1094.jpg

100_1095.jpg

100_1093.jpg Just got the SRT Magnaflow competition x-pipe and mufflers on the car Saturday....thanks to forum member GAFETTAIA, for selling me his used center section. I am fabricating 3" mandrel tailpipes today that will exit behind rear tires. I trimmed the rear facia 2"s from side to the exhaust cutouts to allow for a cleaner finished look. Anyhow, here are some pics thus far!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks awesome, I have a magnaflow system and same x pipe on my gto. Sounds great; not to loud at idle and beast like at WOT. Are you cammed yet?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No cam yet. There just isn't a cam profile I like yet, due to the VCT.
I love the exhaust, though I can't wait to get the tail pipes fabbed!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lance,

Why don't you just put some dumps (Stainless Steel turn downs) on the ends of the 14" resonators. I had that setup on my '72 Chevelle with header mufflers.

I am in shopping for the 16885 for my SRT8. Hope to order soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Why don't you just put some dumps (Stainless Steel turn downs) on the ends of the 14" resonators.
I also had this setup on my 2nd gen fbody. LTs to an x pipe, round mufflers and a turndown at the axle. It was fairly loud as the sound bounced back up off the pavement, i loved it. the only downside was that at idle (car not moving) i got a lot of exhaust in the car, so much so that I STANK after driving it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the tailpipes guys...
100_1111.jpg

100_1112.jpg

100_1113.jpg

I am not nearly finished. I trimmed rear facia to remove rear exit cut outs and also to shallow up bulky look of quarter panels. This is an on going project and driving everyday...24,000 miles in 13 months...not as easy to work on when I am always in it! LOL!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does your Magnaflow exhaust still sound as good as before? Are you happy with the addition?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts