Dodge Challenger Forum banner

MAGNAFLOW Performance Exhaust - FREE

10K views 60 replies 19 participants last post by  glassjaw 
#1 ·
Its that time again ...

We are looking to finalize our three systems for the new Challenger platform. Pre-production samples have been created and we are looking for a new owner of a Challenger platform car to validate our sample prior to release.

If you are not already familar with our program we are a Southern California company and encourage participation of our customers in our Consumer Cooperative Development program. In this program we trade short term use of the car (typically 1 weeks time) for an opportunity to have some of our great products at no cost. During the development period we will offer a rental to keep you on task and complmentry parts developed on the platform. You will also get the opportunity to provide consumer feedback to in help us put the finsihing touches on just how this product will look and feel as well as the opportunity to evaluate the performance and see the process.

If you are a New Challenger owner and this seems to be of interest, we are looking for two vehicles for final validation. Please contact me directly to reserve your spot or feel free to submit your vehicle on our webiste.

MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust

Richard Waitas
Engineering Director
MAGNAFLOW Performance Exhaust
949-858-5900 x3309

Gabe Hall
Engineering Product Development Manager
MAGNAFLOW Performance Exhaust
949-858-5900 x3314

See less See more
#11 ·
Teaser...

Dual Exit / Quad tip configuration ...

Things to come:

1 - Expect to see a dual 3" exhaust with stock tip compatbility. The OEM tips are clamp on and for those looking for the sound but like the stock appearance we have the kit for you.

2 - Expect to see an axle-back configuration that delivers a few ponies and a good deal more rumble.

All of this and a few more things coming very soon.

#13 ·
First of all, opinions are welcome, but please read further than the image.

We do already have a Stock Tip design for those looking for a Stock style tip AND today's teaser pics will have some other interesting options as well ... think classic R/T :bigthumb:

Stay tuned, more to come soon...

#16 ·
T/A side exit is just not safely feasble with the new chassis LXs. Plastic gastanks and close proximity exhaust is a dangerous combination. Relocation of the tank or a good deal of fabrication woudl be required for a street safe option.

To any avail, the new Challenger just doesnt have the room for 3" of exhaust hanging under the body pan in stock trim.

#22 ·
We are just finalizing the systems and pricing should be available shortly. Once our site sponsorship becomes finalized I will post more sales related information. Until then you can count on us providing you the best value performance exhaust modification as always.

#25 · (Edited)
I can't say there are any drone issues but how you define "drone" is subjective. It is an issue of hearing capacity and I will discuss what we have found. The SRT-8 LXs have not been drone problem cars when a replacement cat-back is used. The SRTs lack the MDS mode which introduced a good deal more cabin noise as MDS mode was active. I can't say I have experienced any noise level of any frequency inside the cab of the challenger that is undesirable. Each of these systems tested are "street" systems and SAE J1169 noise compliant parts. Anyhow, the car will be highway travelling with these parts to Las Vegas this weekend and I am sure the owner can provide some feedback.

We test for harmonic resonance frequencies and decible outputs and what we have found is some frequencies some find pleasant and others find undesirable. Creating a noiseless cabin with no exhaust feedback lead to as much customer dissatisfaction as products that had too much. Furthermore the "right amount" of exhaust feedback that people wanted to hear varied nearly 20 dba. People are different in what they want in sound. We hope to provide a few options and satisfy as many as we can.

#42 ·
The SRT bred LXs get some unique Tuned "manifolds." They are tubular internally and have a shield "double-wall" case for thermal properties. As far as i have seen from any manufacturer these stock manifolds are very impressive.

Our sound files and video clips are with Stock "manifolds" and stock cats. The sound levels pick up quite a bit with out high flow cats pipes and LT headers take it to another level.

#44 ·
Looks like the cat back is for me. When my 09 gets here I will have to take it to Indy to a dealer for install.
Questions? Without sounding stupid does your cat back come with a new cat or can I upgrade to one of yours??
I will stay with the OEM tips.
Any chance of a ChallengerTalk group discount or ???
This along with a Mopar CAI is all I really want to do to this car. Maybe,,:)

#51 ·
Product Line UPDATE:

MAGNAFLOW Street Series:

16755 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1L - Quad 3.5" Tips

16880 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1L - OEM Tips

MAGNAFLOW Competition Series:

16885 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1L - Magnapak Quad 3.5" Tips

16886 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1L - Magnapak OEM Tips

#52 ·
Sound files for the Competition Series:

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=94fc9fa3-b8d7-4e70-bdde-9aea013b2c04&cspid=48931f2bf2b8edd9" id="w4852a3180b8a34b748931f2bf2b8edd9" width="428" height="352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/94fc9fa3-b8d7-4e70-bdde-9aea013b2c04.htm">#16885 - 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - TAKE OFF</a>

#53 ·
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=bc2b8153-e5f9-4613-9066-9aea013bd3da&cspid=48931f66326b9d4d" id="w4852a3180b8a34b748931f66326b9d4d" width="428" height="352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/bc2b8153-e5f9-4613-9066-9aea013bd3da.htm">#16885 - 2008 Challenger SRT-8 - DRIVE BY</a>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.