Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scatpack “Mopar 19” #43. FBO Cam. ProCharged
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone look into the new xmod exhaust system by magnaflow? I’ve been following fellow challenger owners trialing them. Sounds good on video but was not expecting it to be anywhere near $2800. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,010 Posts
That’s a hefty price tag. For $2800, not only do I expect the best sounding exhaust on the market today, but I would hope it was able to tuck me in at night and whisper sweet nothings in my ear until I dozed off

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
526 Posts
Sounds good, tips look good. You have the option to use their tips or your stock ones. You also get the option to go with mid muffler delete or their own mids.

I heard the carbon fiber tips are pretty costly alone, and the option of switching mids is an added cost since you get both. Having the options is nice, but I wonder how much they could lower the price if they let you choose the options upfront, say get the system with the mid-deletes and without the carbon fiber tips.

Maybe eventually they might do that, guess it depends on how well the system sells as it is right now. Personally, I couldn't justify paying that much money for an exhaust system thats mainly just for sound, unless I was multi-millionaire type rich. Still, it is a nice system, if only I had won the youtube giveaway.

Reactions: Mopar 19 SP

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,230 Posts
$2,800 is simply nuts for an exhaust system, and I’ve owned a few Magnaflow systems in the past (Dodge Neon, Jeep Liberty Limited CRD, RAM 3500 diesel).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I
Sounds good, tips look good. You have the option to use their tips or your stock ones. You also get the option to go with mid muffler delete or their own mids.

I heard the carbon fiber tips are pretty costly alone, and the option of switching mids is an added cost since you get both. Having the options is nice, but I wonder how much they could lower the price if they let you choose the options upfront, say get the system with the mid-deletes and without the carbon fiber tips.

Maybe eventually they might do that, guess it depends on how well the system sells as it is right now. Personally, I couldn't justify paying that much money for an exhaust system thats mainly just for sound, unless I was multi-millionaire type rich. Still, it is a nice system, if only I had won the youtube giveaway.
Totally agree with you. I reached out to Magnaflow asking the same questions and never received a response. At this point I think either it’ll help Corsa sell it’s Xtreme system at just under $2k and definitely continue to help sell Borla Atak at $1300 or MF comes up with a way to lower the price. $2800 plus tax gets you LT headers and dyno tune. Nuts and no response.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger shaker 392 scat pack.
49 Posts
Pretty bad ass catback though. You do get a lot for the price compared to other systems that are still getting close to the 2k range and don’t even come with tips. Tough pill to swallow imo.

I still can’t decide what system to get. Currently I have the typical mid muffler delete which didn’t cost much. It sounds dope, but honestly early morning cold starts 6 days a week I feel like its just too loud. I’ve stood behind it and it’s shaking the house. I do respect my neighbors which is why I kinda wanna tone it down. I don’t want them secretly hating me. I really like the sound of the Borla type-s. Just want something a little more beefy then stock, but something that idles quieter then a stock system with the mid mufflers removed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty bad ass catback though. You do get a lot for the price compared to other systems that are still getting close to the 2k range and don’t even come with tips. Tough pill to swallow imo.

I still can’t decide what system to get. Currently I have the typical mid muffler delete which didn’t cost much. It sounds dope, but honestly early morning cold starts 6 days a week I feel like its just too loud. I’ve stood behind it and it’s shaking the house. I do respect my neighbors which is why I kinda wanna tone it down. I don’t want them secretly hating me. I really like the sound of the Borla type-s. Just want something a little more beefy then stock, but something that idles quieter then a stock system with the mid mufflers removed.
I’m with you brother. Did mid muffler then straight piped after getting LT headers with cats. Sounded perfect to my liking. Quiet and deep under normal driving and aggressive at wot. Then I cammed the car, got rid of mds, and it’s always wayyyyy to loud now. Looking to tone it down. Have considered throwing stock mufflers back in but not sure. I’m liking the borla atak because of price, decent sound, and it comes with the option for sim valves which id love to keep open. I was super excited for this xmod but not for that price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.