Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a new 2010 6 speed 6.1 that I installed a Magnuson on before ever driving the car. The car a has a tune from Magnuson and it runs great. But the car pulls hard at first and then seems to drop off as I wind the car out. It's like it stops pulling. Any suggestions? Thanks Lee

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Your SOTP dyno might be different than actual dyno. Go dyno it and you'll know for sure, otherwise it's a guessing game

Tom

My car is a new 2010 6 speed 6.1 that I installed a Magnuson on before ever driving the car. The car a has a tune from Magnuson and it runs great. But the car pulls hard at first and then seems to drop off as I wind the car out. It's like it stops pulling. Any suggestions? Thanks Lee

·
Registered
176 Posts
Did you install a boost-a-pump? Magnuson says you don't need one if you are running 6 psi but IMO they are wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didn't install a boost a pump. I've been in contact with Alex at Arrington. I want to put a 8lb pulley, a 90mm throttle body and blower snout and a boost a pump. I need to dyno the car to get a base line and see the AFR. Honestly, the car has a hard time breaking the tires loose unless I rev the car up. It is a Hurst car and it has 295's on the rear, but it just seems to be a little soft. I understand to have boost you need resistance, so if the tires are spinning you may loose boost. I know Alex isn't real keen on a mail order tune, but I'm in Buffalo NY. Any ideas on tuning? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
No I didn't install a boost a pump. I've been in contact with Alex at Arrington. I want to put a 8lb pulley, a 90mm throttle body and blower snout and a boost a pump. I need to dyno the car to get a base line and see the AFR. Honestly, the car has a hard time breaking the tires loose unless I rev the car up. It is a Hurst car and it has 295's on the rear, but it just seems to be a little soft. I understand to have boost you need resistance, so if the tires are spinning you may loose boost. I know Alex isn't real keen on a mail order tune, but I'm in Buffalo NY. Any ideas on tuning? Thanks guys.
AJ is in NY take a ride and see him

·
Registered
176 Posts
You will need a boost-a-pump for sure. The 90mm t-body is kind of useless. The blower will pull in as much air as needed so the extra 10mm doesn't change much. An upgraded fuel line would also be a good idea. I have johan do all my email tunes and they really good. Here is a pic of a magnunson install I did back in feb.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So how about 8lb pulley? Did you dyno after johan? What kind of power did you make? Where is NY is AJ? Thanks Lee

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I was running out of fuel even with a BAP on my 6 pound Procharger setup!!!!! Fuel system upgrades are a must on the 6.1L!! You start getting near the 500whp mark and you will need at least a fuel pump with the upgraded hat. Possibly better lines and fuel rails too. I was running out of fuel in the 5000-6400 range. It would go from 11.6 AFR to 12.7 AFR in that range no matter how much more fuel we added in the tune. We even maxed out the BAP and injector pulse width in that range and still the same thing. The fuel system is just not good enough stock.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge on the car? Can you verify that there is no belt slippage?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I don't have a boost gauge. I'm going to order one this weekend. I can't verify no belt slippage. The gauge should clear up that problem thou. Thanks Lee

5,134 Posts
If you plug in your predator + laptop, you can datalog map ObdII and Baro ObdII. The difference between those two is your boost.

5,134 Posts
If you're going to datalog, also log engine rpm, throttle position, actual spark cyl. 1, st knk retard and intake air temp. That should provide us with enough info to help troubleshoot this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts