Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a quest for both performance and uniqueness, myself in collaboration with Luke from steve white motors and arrington, are going to put the magnuson 3.6 kit for a wrangler on my 2012 challenger. It is a roots style supercharger, looks great, and should be improved over the other units. Similar to the one for the 5.7 hemi's, just smaller. Hopefully the kit will be in by the end of the week and she will be scheduled shortly after for install.

I know **** has a kit, but due to circumstances and my belief the magnuson is a better unit than a vortech, and it will be one of a kind, I decided to go this route. Luke has been nothing but helpful and insightful throughout this process.

After luke and his guys get done installing the kit, it gets taken on a little trip by trailer to arrington for tuning on their dyno.

The arrington kit is 6 psi, and we are going to see how she does with 6 psi and if I am not satisfied we are going to a 8-9 psi pulley. The car will be at steve white for a week, and arrington for roughly 5 days, and then it will get driven back to steve white to make sure everything is good and it is still driveable. I want to break the 400 mark and I will be happy. With arrington's tuners I do not see why this isn't achievable.

Hoping everything goes well, once we have a tune, Luke may start to put together a kit for you guys.

My future plans for the car (performance wise) are a small stall (around 3000 rpm), 3.64 rear end gears or close, and possibly water meth injection for the strip. I do drive the thing almost every day and it has to remain able to withstand my abuse and daily commute which is a lot.

I just wanted to start this thread to let everyone know what is going to happen soon. I am so ready to get this rolling it's all I think about. I will try to be involved in this process as much as possible. I will update with whatever pics I can get and info.. Like I said, kit will hopefully be in thursday or friday. I do not know how far back my install schedule would be, but it shouldn't be too long. Dyno sheets and timeslips will hopefully be in the coming weeks :)

·
Vendor
12,930 Posts
In a quest for both performance and uniqueness, myself in collaboration with Luke from steve white motors and arrington, are going to put the magnuson 3.6 kit on my 2012 challenger. It is a roots style supercharger, looks great, and should be improved over the other units. Similar to the one for the 5.7 hemi's, just smaller. Hopefully the kit will be in by the end of the week and she will be scheduled shortly after for install.

I know **** has a kit, but due to circumstances and my belief the magnuson is a better unit than a vortech, and it will be one of a kind, I decided to go this route. Luke has been nothing but helpful and insightful throughout this process.

After luke and his guys get done installing the kit, it gets taken on a little trip by trailer to arrington for tuning on their dyno.

The arrington kit is 6 psi, and we are going to see how she does with 6 psi and if I am not satisfied we are going to a 8-9 psi pulley. The car will be at steve white for a week, and arrington for roughly 5 days, and then it will get driven back to steve white to make sure everything is good and it is still driveable. I want to break the 400 mark and I will be happy. With arrington's tuners I do not see why this isn't achievable.

Hoping everything goes well, once we have a tune, Luke may start to put together a kit for you guys.

My future plans for the car (performance wise) are a small stall (around 3000 rpm), 3.64 rear end gears or close, and possibly water meth injection for the strip. I do drive the thing almost every day and it has to remain able to withstand my abuse and daily commute which is a lot.

I just wanted to start this thread to let everyone know what is going to happen soon. I am so ready to get this rolling it's all I think about. I will try to be involved in this process as much as possible. I will update with whatever pics I can get and info.. Like I said, kit will hopefully be in thursday or friday. I do not know how far back my install schedule would be, but it shouldn't be too long. Dyno sheets and timeslips will hopefully be in the coming weeks :)

waiting for parts to come in and we will be documenting the entire process
in conjunction with API, part of the tuning process is being absorbed by us and API in order to create a good baseline for all future tuning of the v6 Pentastar
Luke

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
This is going to be pretty dang sweet!

·
Registered
624 Posts
This should be interesting...hope it goes smooth for ya

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Im sure it will be a sweet ride. Glad somone finally took Luke up on that killer deal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: 1 person

·
Vendor
12,930 Posts
we will document the process, Magnuson claims 35% increase in torque and hps on the Wrangler, with less parasitic loss than the Wrangler we hope to achieve at least 35% increase in both,

if you take into consideration 305hps, we would consider this science experiment to be a success if we get anywhere near 425hps at the crank or 350 to 375 hps at the wheels

which would be very comparable to the early SRT models

Luke

·
Registered
75 Posts
In a quest for both performance and uniqueness, myself in collaboration with Luke from steve white motors and arrington, are going to put the magnuson 3.6 kit for a wrangler on my 2012 challenger. It is a roots style supercharger, looks great, and should be improved over the other units. Similar to the one for the 5.7 hemi's, just smaller. Hopefully the kit will be in by the end of the week and she will be scheduled shortly after for install.

Sounds amazing man!
We all know that anxious feeling of waiting on parts, I'm sure it will only multiply once your car is at the shop.
I just started looking into how much and what it will take to turbo charge my 3.6 and I totally understand wanting it to be unique.
My plans are by end of 2015 to either turbo or twin turbo my 3.6 just depends on price vs gains at that point.
Keep us updated i cant wait to see the outcome
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
My last two must haves are 1. Springs and 2. Supercharger

·
Registered
Dodge challenger rallye redline
454 Posts
This is so sick I've always thought the supercharger would make the 3.6l look so much cleaner on top of the motor instead of all that plastic bs. I'm so stoked for this I better start saving!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the kind/encouraging words guys! I'll try and keep this updated as much as possible. I feel like a little kid waiting for christmas time lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is so sick I've always thought the supercharger would make the 3.6l look so much cleaner on top of the motor instead of all that plastic bs. I'm so stoked for this I better start saving!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
this was one of the reasons I went with this maggy experiment instead of that other one. cleans the bay up very nicely. Changes intake route and everything. should look very sharp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Are you having to change out any of the stock internals? Haven't heard about how much boost the 3.6s will take.

Did you consider any other F/I setups? I've always been a s/c guy, but I have heard of others that went with a twin turbo setup on the 3.5/3.6.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Can we get an sound clip of yours knoc?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts