Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vendor
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magnuson is developing a tub for the standard Hemi, however will require a complete drive system, the TVS2650 is not for a standard engine, this supercharger is designed for serious fully forged engines.....if your looking for great performance, reliability and great drive ability for you stock 5.7 or 6.4, we have 7 TVS 2300 in stock, if you have a massive build then the 2650 will be for you:surprise:

·
Vendor
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for 2018 Bigred will have a new supercharger system from Magnuson and we will feature a new custom big brake system from WilWood.....build especially for our Challenger....

custom 6 pistons system featuring non fixed rotors to prevent pad knock, special sized pistons and materials
Luke>:)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
Remember us little people who were there when you were small potatoes :)

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
at the end of the day, Im still 500 lbs heavy.....current weight is right at 4k, Bryan Johnson 2013 Camaro weights 3600 and aside of winning the championship, he also has 3 events wins last year, in order for Bigred to reach that weight.....we would have to strip everything and still would be heavy, and would struggle in DE which we typically dominate
Luke:crying:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
Even 10 or 15 pounds must be hard. Old days guys would remove the bumpers, and put the covers back on. Don't want to crash like that though. Barring carbon fiber bodywork, where the heck can you drop 500 pounds? I know you removed the poodle...

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Even 10 or 15 pounds must be hard. Old days guys would remove the bumpers, and put the covers back on. Don't want to crash like that though. Barring carbon fiber bodywork, where the heck can you drop 500 pounds? I know you removed the poodle...

A Guy
actually Keisha love the races, since a puppy has been going to the race track with us, 16 almost 17 years old now and we recently added a new mascot
Lilly

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you guys considered things like a small lithium ion battery? Are you required to run a passenger seat? Gut the dash? I can think of several things. I have seen several mustangs running lawnmower/motorcycle batteries instead of full size car batteries.

·
Vendor
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
have considered a lot of possibilities, but not sure where to draw the line

the Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge is a 5 part challenge, autocross, speed stop, road course, design and engineering and road rallye

D&E is a fancy name for a car show....which is extremely important since its a raw score,

http://driveusca.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/USCA-2018-Rules_v18.7_final.pdf

Tech Points - 64 points possible - points will be awarded for each of the following “street car” functional
features: (all items must be in working order at the time of tech)

1. Windshield and windows– 14 points total (window material must be clear and rigid and
similar to factory glass thickness)
a. Front windshield - (must be DOT approved) – 4 points
b. RS window moves up and down and seals – 4 points
c. LS window moves up and down and seals – 4 points
d. Rear window – 2 points
2. Exterior lighting – 12 points total (1 point each)
a. LF headlight
b. RF Headlight
c. Hi beam headlight
d. LF turn signal
e. RF turn signal
f. LR brake light
g. RR brake light
h. LR turn signal
i. RR turn signal
j. Backup lights
k. Hazard lights front
l. Hazard lights rear
3. Interior electronics – 12 points total
a. Horn – 4 points
b. Audio system – 2 points
c. HVAC – 2 points (A/C not required)
d. Dome/interior lighting – 2 points
e. Illuminated dashboard – 2 points
4. Interior – 14 points total
a. Interior carpeting – 4 points
b. Finished door panels – 2 points
c. No exposed OE metal – roof, rear seating/side panels – 2 points
d. Padded or covered dash – 2 points
e. Driver and passenger seat w/safety belts – 4 points

5. Street drivability/comfort/ergonomics – 12 points total
a. Functioning windshield wipers – 4 points
b. Doors open/close from inside/out for vehicle ingress/egress – 4 points
c. Visibility via front, rear through camera or mirror and side view mirrors –
2 points
d. Vehicle underbody must clear USDOT recommended speed bump
height of 3” – 2 points

so 64 points are non subjective

every event has 3 new judges

Judge points - A panel of three qualified industry-expert judges will use USCA developed, consistent
and exacting criteria to further evaluate each car on its overall function, design, engineering, theme,
creative use of parts/materials and overall fit & finish. Judges may award up to 10 points, in .5 point
increments for each of the nine (9) categories. The Design & Engineering portion of the event is scored
as the average of the three judged scores on the judging sheets plus the tech points.
The judging categories are in order as follows:
- Paint
- Body/Exterior
- Engine/driveline modifications
- Air intake/exhaust or charging/cooling systems for EV competitors
- Wheels/tires/brakes
- Suspension
- Interior
- Audio/electronics
- Trunk/hatchback/bed/area behind front seats (C3 and others)
Judges will evaluate using a show room stock new car as a baseline to judge the above criteria. On a
scale of 1-10, show-room stock new is 5. If criteria of the judged vehicle are better than show-room stock
new, judges will award more than 5, if the criteria are inferior, judges will award less than 5.
Wraps may or may not score more that show-room stock paint. Consideration may be given for the
overall theme for wraps and patina paint.

·
Vendor
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so the issues we run into, we dont want to loose street ability, loosing the a/c and gutting the interior would result in approx 200/250 lbs, but we cannot easily eliminate the wiring harness, we want abs to work we want stability systems to work, etc,

turning Bigred into strictly a track car, we could loose 400/450 lbs, if lucky maybe 500lbs, but we would have a shell of a car that is still heavy compared to Bryan's Camaro....and now we would do very poorly in D&E

the only chance we have is too make Bigred as competitive as it can be, and hope that somehow I can out drive my hero Bryan which is very doubtful:surprise:

and I occasionally love driving her on the street, simply too much fun to relinquish the car to a track only car, I can't help it, too much fun....

hence the reason I dusted off my old Dart project car

however we are not giving up, we know we are seriously the underdog, so for 2018

new gear ratio, several suspension modifications, some weight reduction, big spoiler to help with downforce, new Magnuson supercharger, a killer set of custom brakes from our friends at Wilwood....featuring non fixed rotors to prevent pad knock, etc

and to help the aging over weight nut behind the steering wheel, multiple racing schools, 10/10th events, evolution of racing, NASA HPDE's, salads for lunch and lots of gym time....>:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pull the door panels, gut the structures inside the doors, gut every scrap piece of metal behind the dash.. That should be 75-100lbs right there..

I want a 2650 when the start getting produced for the 6.4's

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
I would never have implied YOU have to lose 500 lbs Luke :)

A Guy

1 - 20 of 47 Posts