Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Cobra R wheels that have been machined to be a direct fit (thanks legmaker) and my M&H's.

Metco drive shaft loop's also in. Maybe I'll get motivated and drop it in this week. Anything I can do to add weight to the car...:redcap:

HemiSam

5,134 Posts
Sam is getting down to business. They look a lot like the M/Ts I use. You should have no problems hooking up with them!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Very nice, where'd you pick up the loop?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, BT!

TF - the new logger is on the way. Apparently I got a bum one...

LF - GSO turned me on to a place...Lyons Performance. The website's a bit of a mess, but it's got good stuff at reasonable prices.

HemiSam

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Nice stuff Sam, you are going to like those tires.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice, I want to change to M&H in the future myself, let us know how they hook up for ya....

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys. Will do. Unfortunately it won't be till next year, but maybe when we hit the strip before Forum Wars I'll get a run or two in.

HemiSam

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Metco driveshaft loop installed tonight :) As you can see from earlier in the thread, there's basically three pieces to the unit. The horseshoe/loop which goes over the driveshaft. The unit that holds the loop in place and attaches to three bosses (threaded holes) at the back of the transmission. And a unit that attaches to the tranny crossmember and supports the piece that holds the loop in place (Metco stamped in it). This thing is built like Fort Knox, but it is heavy.

Happy moddin'

HemiSam

Looking towards the nose of the car

Where the mid-pipes come together after the tranny, and where the driveshaft starts

You can see a part of the Hurst shifter (red) just above the loop

View towards the trunk...where the Corsas meet the mid-pipes

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
When are driveshaft loops mandatory? Looks good Sam.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, guys.

That's a good question, Alan. I figure the way I'm buzzing the engine and tracking the car, it was overdue. I'll throw this out and let the experts chime in. If you're tracking the car regularly (i.e. banging on it), especially with power adders like a blower and/or NOS, you ought to consider one. it's about shocks to the drivetrain and failures. That's my two bits...

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
If you are making serious power you need one for safety. They won't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Good looking stuff Sam. Same tire I got (except mine are 275/45/18). I put a DS loop on as well. RMG is correct although I think the rule book says 12.99 or faster. (same thing right)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks good Sam! Petty's Garage makes a nice one for the auto's! Comes with a new, lighter, trans support bracket!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for chiming in, Mikey! It did look like they had been machined to upsize for the hubcentric Dodge and that explains why they had material to ream out. Fitment is perfect. legmaker got it right :)

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
11,093 Posts
Thanks for chiming in, Mikey! It did look like they had been machined to upsize for the hubcentric Dodge and that explains why they had material to ream out. Fitment is perfect. legmaker got it right :)

HemiSam
Very cool!

I love the 03/04 Cobra wheels because no one really uses them...everyone gets the Cobra Rs lol The ones you have look way better in my opinion!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts