Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Dodge Challenger sxt plus. Today while driving, my car started to run hot which was a surprise to me sense I just put a thermostat in it and new radiator cap. I pulled into the auto parts store got coolant and poured it into the coolant tank next thing I noticed was that the coolant was not holding so I poured more and the whole bottle ended up going straight through the engine to the ground is there a hose at the bottom of the engine that could be loose?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,658 Posts
If a hose has to be removed to replace the T-stat -- why was this replaced? -- reads like the hose was left loose.

Less likely is the T-stat was installed backwards or the T-stat is bad and failing to open. If when you noticed the loss of coolant that was the first time you have really used the car since the T-stat was replaced this makes the incorrectly installed T-stat or bad T-stat more likely.

But check hoses first.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,658 Posts
I don’t know that’s what I’m trying to find out. I’m definitely not a mechanic.
Then my advice is to get the car to a qualified mechanic and in doing so avoid using the car and subjecting the engine to any possibility of overheating.

To determine the cause will require someone get his hands dirty. The solution will also require someone get his hands dirty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts