Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Triple Nickel
44 Posts
Post a pic of the battery please.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I will if my car is repaired. A tractor trailer attempted to run over me the other evening coming home from work! Since the estimate before disassembly is around $10k and I have my attorney working on a diminished value claim it may wind up being totaled.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My 19’

·
Registered
981 Posts
Wet cell, not AGM.

Some also say the Charger Pursuit with the H8 battery which is a little bigger than our H7 is also AGM but haven't seen a pic of that battery.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yeah, I was just posting for reference that I don’t have what this guy is claiming.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
8,222 Posts
I feel like having a way to identify one’s battery type based merely on visual inspection would be prudent here...

1) Check for the words “wet”, “wet cell”, or “Lead” on your battery’s label. These words on the label would indicate the battery is of the flooded (non-AGM) type. If AGM is found on the label, it’s an AGM type battery obviously.

2) Pick it up and spin it around back and forth. Heavy sloshing noises from the Inside indicates it is likely a wet cell/flooded type battery.

There are probably other methods, but those should cover most scenarios.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know this is an old post but it's that time of year that I don't drive my car unless it's a nice warm day here in sunny New Jersey. My 2017 Scat Pack sat for 3 weeks, key fob far away and doors unlocked and sitting in the garage. I went to start the car and it would not start but did have a little juice as the window would go up and inside lights and dash lit up. I purchased a Duralast 8 amp charger/maintainer and gave it about a 2 hour charge and started right up. It has a lead/acid battery but this charger will work with Standard, AGM, or Gel batteries. The car sat all week so I gave it another 4 hours and now have a green LED so fully charged, I went to Auto Zone and they did a free test and all systems are good. It's almost 4 years old but checks out OK. I plan to hook up the charger maybe once a week to top it off.
B7337EB4-1867-4238-83EA-1104D8227B26_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,222 Posts
I have a 2018 SRT and the battery is vented through the trunk floor
It is a wet cell/lead acid type battery, not AGM, if vented like that.

·
Premium Member
8,222 Posts
The AGM I replaced the OE battery with in a Challenger did have a vent connection.
I can see them including a vent elbow on an AGM just to make the swap straightforward and eliminate any confusion. But AFAIK the AGM batteries don’t produce hydrogen when charging, so there shouldnt be a need for the vent technically speaking.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,397 Posts
If the AGM battery has a vent hole, it still needs to be vented

A Guy

·
Premium Member
8,222 Posts

·
Super Moderator