Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack B5 Blue
29 Posts
Post a pic of the battery please.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I will if my car is repaired. A tractor trailer attempted to run over me the other evening coming home from work! Since the estimate before disassembly is around $10k and I have my attorney working on a diminished value claim it may wind up being totaled.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Wet cell, not AGM.

Some also say the Charger Pursuit with the H8 battery which is a little bigger than our H7 is also AGM but haven't seen a pic of that battery.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yeah, I was just posting for reference that I don’t have what this guy is claiming.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well I had to go look. My '19 Challenger R/T Shaker 5.7/6 speed has the factory lead acid type battery.

·
Registered
808 Posts
2019 Redeye Widebody. Wet battery. I would have thought they would have used an AGM in these cars. Surprised.
4C91A265-DAE9-4B2D-9211-1D28D868BA8D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
I feel like having a way to identify one’s battery type based merely on visual inspection would be prudent here...

1) Check for the words “wet”, “wet cell”, or “Lead” on your battery’s label. These words on the label would indicate the battery is of the flooded (non-AGM) type. If AGM is found on the label, it’s an AGM type battery obviously.

2) Pick it up and spin it around back and forth. Heavy sloshing noises from the Inside indicates it is likely a wet cell/flooded type battery.

There are probably other methods, but those should cover most scenarios.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts