Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get emails from Dodge regularly I think from my Uconnect system regarding the health of my car. It says:

engine and transmission system:
malfunction indicator light

You vehicle's malfunction indicator light recently indicated your vehicle needs service.

warning: prolonged driving with the malfunction indicator light on could cause damage to the engine control system. if the malfunction indicator light is flashing, severe catalytic converter damage and power loss will soon occur. have your vehicle serviced at your dealerships immediately.

I never noticed that light go off. Do you think it's a false alarm? I got the email past midnight and i was already back home with my car in the garage. Do you guys get like these weekly car health updates? it shows ur tire pressure and maintenance alerts

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Can you say BIG BROTHER? This is too much interconnection for me. I don’t sign up for anything like this ever. I don’t give my cell number to any commercial entity or even my doctor. I use an alternate email for things I have to provide one but not my personal one.
Now if you don’t address this they will hold it against you later on.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you say BIG BROTHER? This is too much interconnection for me. I don’t sign up for anything like this ever. I don’t give my cell number to any commercial entity or even my doctor. I use an alternate email for things I have to provide one but not my personal one.
Now if you don’t address this they will hold it against you later on.
i've never seen the light personally go off. I drove today and didn't see it either. weird e-mail. i almost feel like taking it to the dealership just in case.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have just an rt with no connect services. I did however download their app so I can get emails about recalls and see anytime my service records are updated. I get a notification about 2x a month stating my car has a recall and I need to go to the dealer to fix it. I am pretty sure this is just a glitch (bug) in their system as I have not seen any 16's have any recalls yet. If not a bug then a deliberate attempt to get you to go to the dealer so they can try to sell you something?? I am with the others though you may want to go and get your car checked out so they dont blame you if something really does happen later down the road, If you are still under warranty.

Ron

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have just an rt with no connect services. I did however download their app so I can get emails about recalls and see anytime my service records are updated. I get a notification about 2x a month stating my car has a recall and I need to go to the dealer to fix it. I am pretty sure this is just a glitch (bug) in their system as I have not seen any 16's have any recalls yet. If not a bug then a deliberate attempt to get you to go to the dealer so they can try to sell you something?? I am with the others though you may want to go and get your car checked out so they dont blame you if something really does happen later down the road, If you are still under warranty.

Ron
You can check for any recalls by using your VIN here: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

·
Registered
397 Posts
You can check for any recalls by using your VIN here: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/
Or even just open the app and under recalls it states my car has not recalls. I do use that that site though to check vins on all my cars if I hear anything in the news about cars i own. The air bag recall though massive, di not affect any of the cars I happened to own.
I may be wrong but I dont believe any 16 challenger has had any recalls yet.

Ron

·
Registered
185 Posts
This looks like a good reason to not sign up for a uconnect account or use the free Siriusxm guardian off.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Or even just open the app and under recalls it states my car has not recalls. I do use that that site though to check vins on all my cars if I hear anything in the news about cars i own. The air bag recall though massive, di not affect any of the cars I happened to own.
I may be wrong but I dont believe any 16 challenger has had any recalls yet.

Ron
The same app that is emailing there is a recall. Ok. Trust but verify, I always say.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Issue solved?

I've received recall notices too, went and verified there isn't any for my vin number.

I asked one of the technicians and they told me my malfunction indicator light can on because I pushed the push start button two times. I either have to have my car in AC mode or Run it. Pushing it twice will have that warning light and an e-mail that will follow

·
Registered
151 Posts
The flashing MIL (I know, yours wasn't) is showing something very serious. Something like a persistent miss where all the air/fuel not burning in the cylinder is being exhausted and then is burning in the cat creating MUCH more heat than just the trace hydrocarbons normally present in exhaust gasses. This causes the ceramic substrate to melt, closing up the passages.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I get emails from Dodge regularly I think from my Uconnect system regarding the health of my car. It says:

engine and transmission system:
malfunction indicator light

You vehicle's malfunction indicator light recently indicated your vehicle needs service.

warning: prolonged driving with the malfunction indicator light on could cause damage to the engine control system. if the malfunction indicator light is flashing, severe catalytic converter damage and power loss will soon occur. have your vehicle serviced at your dealerships immediately.

I never noticed that light go off. Do you think it's a false alarm? I got the email past midnight and i was already back home with my car in the garage. Do you guys get like these weekly car health updates? it shows ur tire pressure and maintenance alerts
I also get a "Low oil pressure light" email from my car that has never been real. No solution offered by the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Years ago, my 2010 R/T's TIPM began to fail (under warranty). The MIL came on, then went out on its own. When I had the service department check it out, they found stored stored DTCs in the system even though the MIL was off. It's worth having them do a quick scan of the system to see what's up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts