Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to tone down the 426 I just installed in the Challenger, I still have factory mufflers w/o resonators and it's too much for all the time.
I would like to install quieter mufflers but have the option to go loud / increase flow when at the track.
Similar to the active exhaust, the additional pipes would merge into the factory tips and the cutouts would by-pass the mufflers.
I don't want the loud exhaust coming out of the side of the car.
Does anyone have a setup like this?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not add some of the Blastin Bobs style glass packs in the back where the resonators once were?
Challenger
don't want the rasp, and I want it to be adjustable - quiet when the family is with me, loud when I go to the track or go cruising.
Plus I need to upgrade the exhaust sooner or later, the 2.5" is at the limit of what it can support hp-wise.
If I go with a 3" cat-back system and add these mufflers it would idea, but expensive.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I’de suggest re-installing the stock resonators , then placing the cutouts before them. So you would go from the headers-cats (assuming you still have them) -cutouts-stock exhaust

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the suggestions. for the time being I may do the quieter mufflers only.
I would like eventually to do cut-outs exiting in front of each tire, there is not enough room underneath to do the muffler bypass idea I had...

dyno date was pushed back until mid-month due to a scheduling conflict...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts