Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so, I got a 2010 Challenger SE and I want a manual but Dodge doesn't have that option in a SE. Is there a way I can make it manual at all? Open to any ideas or thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,912 Posts
Not saying swapping would botch it.....but I’d simply look for an actual M6 car to purchase....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is I'm 16 so I can't really go buy a new car this was the only car I could get so I can start working. What do you mean by botch?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,912 Posts
Integrating the transmission, clutch hydraulics, ECM, probably different driveshaft.....the list can go on and on. Unless you had an entire donor car, those individual pieces parts sourced in various places can add up fast.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Anything can be done with enough money, expertise and time, but simple answer for you is probably no. Enjoy what you have, and make it your own ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Okeesignguy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yep, not like the old days when you drop out the auto, change bellhousing, add the pedal, cut the hole in the floor and chuck in the 4 speed. The parts needed are gonna be super pricy, then you have to worry about computer integration. Probably be cheaper, and certainly easier, to upgrade to a similar vintage base R/T

·
Registered
176 Posts
Alright so, I got a 2010 Challenger SE and I want a manual but Dodge doesn't have that option in a SE. Is there a way I can make it manual at all? Open to any ideas or thoughts.
leave it auto; as said above it would be difficult at best, and surely far more expensive than trading up especially once you consider the negative effect on any sale/trade in value down the road.

If you take the money you’d spend on conversion and save it instead, you could jump up to a higher powered stick-shift challenger in a couple years (maybe even straight to a used 392) - in the mean time, enjoy the SE!

Reactions: JustinHEMI

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts