Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just purchased a 2019 Challenger, my first concern was misplacing or damaging my FOB. (no FOB = no entry / operation)
Salesman was very helpful with info about valet key and start up with low/dead battery in FOB.
My question now is: If I use the valet key to unlock the drivers door, how do I de-activate the security alarm? (having no FOB present)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm pretty sure Dodges have switches on the door key lock, so you 'come in' as an authorized, manual user.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure Dodges have switches on the door key lock, so you 'come in' as an authorized, manual user.
I know they used to, it was possible to deactivate the alarm by using the key in the passenger door (circa 1992) but that didn't work when I tried it.
I'm looking to put together a "redundant" system to cover any possible problem, but I don't know how to get past this one. I haven't tried it yet but I'm thinking if the alarm is activated the "dead" fob won't get the car started.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,678 Posts
All of what you ask is covered in the owners manual, At least in the owners manual that came with my Hellcat.

The key fob contains an emergency key that can be removed from the FOB by sliding the mechanical release on the back of the key FOB sideways with a thumb then pullng the key out with your other hand.

If you look under the head of the emergency key you'll see a small glass "pill", this is the RFID pill that when energized by the car's security system responds with its ID that is recognized by the car's security system and lets the engine start which also deactivates the alarm that might come on if the door is opened by the emergency key.

If the key FOB battery is low/dead just put the nose side of the key FOB -- the side opposite the emergency key -- against the engine start/stop button and push to operate the ignition switch.

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
If you don't have an owners manual you can download from dodge.com or call customer service at 1-800-423-6343 and they will mail.you a hard copy to your house.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,734 Posts
My 2016 has this note

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,678 Posts
My 2016 has this note
View attachment 976953

A Guy
Not sure how the Dodge cars work, at least my Hellcat. With my Porsche cars occasionally the button would not unlock the doors. I'd have to use the key blade. I had 10 seconds to insert the key in the ignition and turn it on or the car alarm would sound.

Or the dealer service would finish the car and park it out in the lot with the key I left locked inside the car. I'd come by late at night to give the car a road test and to get in the car I'd use the valet key I always carried with me. Same thing. I would unlock the door using the valet key and then have to quickly get in and get the key in the ignition and turn it on or the alarm would sound.

While I'm thinking about this now when it comes time to leave for work and I walk up to the car all I can think about is getting in and getting on my way to the office.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts