Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this sale jumped out at me!

Arrington Performance - HEMI 5.7 6.1 Supercharger Kit

Its quite the deal and i'm just about to jump on it here, I was just wondering if anyone living in Canada has ordered from this site before, and if they have were they nailed by customs? A parcel going through there worth 7 grand would definitely gain some attention!

If anyone on the board or any reps from shopHEMI.com could answer for me that would be great thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw that too and ordered one last week....Arrington said the Trinity was backorderd from Diablo so they were holding shipping my entire kit...I think it went out today...
I am looking forward to doing the installation...

But sorry, do not live in Canada..

:scratchhead:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Grits,

When importing goods into Canada, typically you will have to pay customs brokerage, GST/HST, and your shipping costs.

I have read about people sending goods via USPS and not having any customs. Living near the border and having the goods shipped to a mailbox near the border on the USA side has also been done by people. Then its just a short trip to the other side to pick them up.

Some vendors will mark the commercial invoice as warranty replacement, sample, or gift at a 0$ figure and allows you not to have any GST/HST charges. However I will not guarantee that it will pass 100% without fees.

I actually spoke with Alex at Arrington just a couple days ago, and after I asked about the Canadian side he did recommend a shop they provide equipment to. Since I am not sure of the rules of the forum I don't know that I can list it but I will send a PM to you. Or you can contact Arrington and ask them directly.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Grits,

When importing goods into Canada, typically you will have to pay customs brokerage, GST/HST, and your shipping costs.

I have read about people sending goods via USPS and not having any customs. Living near the border and having the goods shipped to a mailbox near the border on the USA side has also been done by people. Then its just a short trip to the other side to pick them up.

Some vendors will mark the commercial invoice as warranty replacement, sample, or gift at a 0$ figure and allows you not to have any GST/HST charges. However I will not guarantee that it will pass 100% without fees.

I actually spoke with Alex at Arrington just a couple days ago, and after I asked about the Canadian side he did recommend a shop they provide equipment to. Since I am not sure of the rules of the forum I don't know that I can list it but I will send a PM to you. Or you can contact Arrington and ask them directly.
Not recommended. I just dealt with a company who wanted to do that and I kindly requested they put accurate information on the documentation.

It is a risk because your goods can be seized, you can be charged with any number of things under the Customs Act and have ANYTHING you try to import closely scrutinized for the next 7 years or so. It also sticks to your name and address so if you plan on crossing the border hassle free you might as well forget it as you will be put under a microscope every time you cross.

Not only that, but then the VENDOR gets flagged and will have ANY shipments to Canada held up for lengthy periods of time since they will have had enforcement action on their record.

Definitely not worth it... I know paying taxes suck, but not as bad as losing your stuff and having to pay huge fines to get it back ON TOP of the taxes you evaded in the first place.

Not trying to be a wet blanket but people pull this crap every day and then have a big wide eyed deer-in-headlights look on their face when you tell them what they're in for. It's best to avoid these problems BEFORE it's too late...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mopar Muscle - Yeah i spoke with Alex also, and he straight up said that i was probably going to get hammered at the border. He said that they get UPS to ship for them and apparently UPS and Border Control do not get along...

Ironside - Yeah i don't think i would go that route, a little risky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i have been in contact with Alex at shopHEMI.com (very helpful guy by the way) and unfortunately USPS cannot ship this parcel because it is too heavy. So its either FedEX or UPS....anyone have any experience when dealing with either carrier when shipping over the border?

Any help or suggestions would be great thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts