Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
That's bananas. It's crazy to me that people don't do a little research when buying such an expensive item. With just a little internet search and finding your car they could have saved themselves literally $30k.

It does make me wonder what my 2016 ScatPack shaker with 12,800 miles is worth.
It's a third car so it's tempting to sell and just wait out an SS order but I don't have much confidence that they will come down much in the future since the future is bleak for big V8's.

·
Registered
631 Posts
They just lost their mind. Every time we see those 'funsie' additional stickers, with markup, we generally walk away.
Nothing wrong with trying to make a living, but that guy in Florida is insane.
Best regards
parrott

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,954 Posts
Well one Dodge, Jeep Chrysler dealer up the street here in Florida kept asking me to sell my 2011 to them, and guess they didn't think id know what they offered me and towards a new one was a Vaseline Job. Had to tell them leave me alone and not to mention when they did Recall work on my Car they Broke the lever of my Drivers Seat that adjust the Back of the Seat and denied it yet found the lever handle in my Trunk. They did that when they were fixing the Air Bags Recall. Never will I sit foot back on their Property.

·
Super Moderator
17,050 Posts
I recall from years back living in Oregon that there are two dealers - one in Gresham and another in Vancouver, WA that very prominently had 10% additional markup stickers on all their new inventory - as if they were "proud" of that.

So a R/T (optioned up) would have ~ $4.2K and Scat Pack ~ $4.8k and so forth.

the Vancouver dealer had an '15 SRT 392 on their lot for nearly two years with their markups.

And that's why many travel to dealers in Idaho (from CA / OR / WA) or track down dealers that will sell / ship to the customer from out of state.

Luke's post must be a South Florida dealership - "Miami Fever" pricing at its best..

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have purchased a few parts from Luke (Steve White) and what he said is so true. I live in the Northeast and dealers are offering me 5K more than I paid for my car 2 years ago. I purchased it used and decided to trade it as I lost my company car. I will buy another Challenger after things calm down with inventory shortage levels out. I leased a SUV to drive for now and have a nice check to deposit and save for my next Challenger. I miss my car but could not see the Scat as a DD. I will be taking a trip to Hickory NC for my next Scat.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
"Limited Availability $35,000"

That is creative marketing genius.

Now, I have a 91 Corvette ZR1 and "back in the day" the dealers would routinely mark up the sticker-- and people would pay it. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
445 Posts
The two dodge dealers here in the Charleston area are gouging us, Hendrick being one of them. Most of the used Scatpacks are selling at the original msrp even a couple of 2017 T/A 392’s! Are they pricing them so high that no one will buy them so that they will have inventory on hand? I know, I’m reaching but, I will remember these dudes when things get back to normal and even maybe….. check out Steve‘s inventory! 😎

·
Registered
179 Posts
The two dodge dealers here in the Charleston area are gouging us, Hendrick being one of them. Most of the used Scatpacks are selling at the original msrp even a couple of 2017 T/A 392’s! Are they pricing them so high that no one will buy them so that they will have inventory on hand? I know, I’m reaching but, I will remember these dudes when things get back to normal and even maybe….. check out Steve‘s inventory! 😎
The dealer who has my old car is asking very close to MSRP for a 2017 Scat. I can't imagine what shape the buyer would be in when the market returns to normal. I have my doubts the dealership will be lucky to break even.

Reactions: Donniet53

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Back in 2009, Normandin in San Jose wanted 45k with ADM for an R/T. I paid 30. Bought back East and shipped. They can go pound. It’s not Capitalism it’s bullshit greed.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,365 Posts
I noticed that Florida dealer has 100% positive feedback. I wonder how many he has sold with those mark ups. At least he's offering free pick up. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts