Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Challenger RT 5.7 liter. I installed a mopar cold air intake and have done a cat back, flow master 40's and replaced rear resonators with straight pipe.

1) will a mass air flow help me any, If so what will it do?
2) is it just plug and go? or are there computer adjustments to do?
2) what's the exact part # I need?

Thanks James.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I have a 2014 Challenger RT 5.7 liter. I installed a mopar cold air intake and have done a cat back, flow master 40's and replaced rear resonators with straight pipe.

2) is it just plug and go? or are there computer adjustments to do?

Thanks James.
The engine/computer is based on a speed density system (IAT sensor). There is no plug n play mass air flow sensor that you could use.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok?

2) what are the computer adjustments needed?

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
Ok?

2) what are the computer adjustments needed?
1) no, nothing
2) none
3) part number for what? There is no MAF sensor

OK?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, for some odd reason all I saw was the last part of that original answer . My pare formatting totally hid the "The engine/computer is based on a speed density system (IAT sensor)."....odd.
I assume there is no performance IAT sensor? I read somewhere, if you install the CAI you have to replace the MAF...but I guess not in the case of the IAT..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Sorry, for some odd reason all I saw was the last part of that original answer . My pare formatting totally hid the "The engine/computer is based on a speed density system (IAT sensor)."....odd.
I assume there is no performance IAT sensor? I read somewhere, if you install the CAI you have to replace the MAF...but I guess not in the case of the IAT..
The IAT sensor is essentially a therometer. There have been two versions of it in Challengers; a short one and long one. The 2014 should include a long one which was modified from the short one due to heat issues.

More on that here. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/mystery-grey-iat-sensor-connector-solved-63343/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts