Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I want to get tints on my 2013 Challenger SXT Sport. I live in Massachusetts and I know the "legal" window tint limit is 35%. I think that would be just a waste of money to get my windows tinted to that %. Does anyone else live in Massachusetts? I live in the suburbs and am afraid if I go any darker I would get pulled over. Has anyone gotten pulled over for doing nothing and got a ticket for having to dark of tints? If so what % are they? What do you guys think the lowest % I should go? Thanks guys!

(BTW: I bought this car in Florida and had it shipped up, so that's a picture I took while I was down there)

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have my current car tinted to the legal limit in Massachusetts. No one's ever questioned me about it or anything. Several people have recommended tinting just the back window darker, but they have been pulled over and harassed for doing that. In my opinion, the legal tint only looks too light in direct sunlight, but looks great the rest of the time. Also, if your in the Wilmington area, I recommend S and S Window Tinting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my current car tinted to the legal limit in Massachusetts. No one's ever questioned me about it or anything. Several people have recommended tinting just the back window darker, but they have been pulled over and harassed for doing that. In my opinion, the legal tint only looks too light in direct sunlight, but looks great the rest of the time. Also, if your in the Wilmington area, I recommend S and S Window Tinting.
Thank you for the recommendation! How much did they charge you for the tint job?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation! How much did they charge you for the tint job?
To be honest, I did not have my car tinted there. Some people I know have gotten their cars tinted there, and they are very reasonably priced, and do a very nice job. I have been in their cars and inspected the work myself. The price will vary from car to car, and I don't have a Challenger yet. I'm hoping to purchase a 2015 at the beginning of next year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know it is all personal preference, but I just had my car done at 35%

I drive it everyday and do not want to add a reason to be pulled over. "Aint nobody got time for dat."

Tint is definitely not a waste of money at 35%. It looks clean and reduces interior temps. In my other car I will be doing 35 fronts and 20 rear soon... as there is no limit on the rear tint here. Any more than 20% reduces visibility for ME.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts