Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wanted to buy a black fuel door for my 17 GT, part # 68250120AA........seems while looking on ebay, getting conflicting reports for what years this is good for............some say from 10-18, others say only to 2016....checked with steve white motors and they had that number for a 2014, guess its called vapor black...........they said it would fit my car, just wondering anyone have a pic of the vapor black one, or is this about the same as a matte black.

Maybe to make this easier, anyone buy a black fuel door for a 2017, have a number for that.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
150 Posts
Richs 66, I bought the black door for my 2017 from the dealer. I’ll look for the part number for you. Might take me a bit to dig it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
It is the same. Got mine from Steve White a few months ago for my ‘15.

Hey guys, wanted to buy a black fuel door for my 17 GT, part # 68250120AA........seems while looking on ebay, getting conflicting reports for what years this is good for............some say from 10-18, others say only to 2016....checked with steve white motors and they had that number for a 2014, guess its called vapor black...........they said it would fit my car, just wondering anyone have a pic of the vapor black one, or is this about the same as a matte black.

Maybe to make this easier, anyone buy a black fuel door for a 2017, have a number for that.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I bought mine the paint on the fuel door had been damaged pretty badly with several large chunks gone completely showing smooth chrome underneath. I decided i didnt really want my first option to be the roughly $100 for a replacement black one on ebay so i decided to try repainting it. Believe me, this was VERY easy and there are several good videos on youtube for exactly this problem. These two videos should give you a good idea.

https://youtu.be/6-FuZ7weOrI

https://youtu.be/juEPtYhLf30

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
SunBear
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing